#1 Stacy

Stacy

Star Partyer

• Loc: Seattle, WA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Just got an email with a discount code for 20% off Vanguard Endeavor ED

The 8x42 was rated #1 by Birdwatchers Digest for binos $200 to $600 HERE

Anyway the going price is $349.

Right now they have a coupon code (vanguard13) for 20% off PLUS a $50 rebate (I got my rebate within a week or so). So the final price is only $229.95. Plus free shipping. Just a heads up.

BTW I love mine, they are fantastic.

The Vanguard site forwards you to the Eagle Optics website. They also have a great deal on the Spirit ED as well.

#2 Binojunky

Binojunky

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

I bought the Spirit 8X42 ED here in Canada, not sure the rebate was valid up here I sent it in anyway, a couple of weeks later I got my cheque for $50, rather pleased both with the service and binos,DA. :waytogo:

#3 Stacy

Stacy

Star Partyer

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Looks like the extra 20% off is good till the 25th.

I should mention the Vanguards all come with a lifetime "no-fault" warranty now. You break em? You send em in with $10 for handling and they fix em or replace em. Nice peace of mind. :)

#4 Jarrod

Jarrod

Apollo

• Loc: SE USA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

This is interesting, thanks for posting.

I've been looking for an 8x42 roof in the ~$200 range. I recently had my sights set on the Zen-Ray Summit, but for a few more dollars I could get these with ED glass. The only downside I see in the specs is that these are a 7* FOV where the Summit is 7.5*. However, reviews say that the Vanguard Endeavors are sharp out the last 5% of the FOV, so I have to wonder if the *useable* FOV is really better on those compared to the Zen-Ray summit? Never seen either one in person - makes it a bit difficult to choose.

What do you think?

#5 Jarrod

Jarrod

Apollo

• Loc: SE USA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Well I went out on a limb and ordered a pair of the Endeavor ED 8x42s. $229 after rebate for ED glass that comes highly rated seems like a significant upgrade from the Zen-Ray Summit that I was considering for $205. Like I said, it's hard to choose without seeing either in person but these seem like a very good value and I've not been able to find a negative word anywhere other than one review out of 100 positives on Amazon that complained of flare (I hope not) and CA (ED glass should not!).

#6 Stacy

Stacy

Star Partyer

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

I've not been able to find a negative word anywhere other than one review out of 100 positives on Amazon that complained of flare (I hope not) and CA (ED glass should not!).

I have noticed neither, but then again, I do live in the PNW. Could be a bad pair?

I will be very interested in hearing your thoughts on these.

#7 Stacy

Stacy

Star Partyer

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Well, the code doesn't seem to work anymore so it appears the sale is over. :(

#8 Sean Puett

Sean Puett

Vanguard

• Loc: always cloudy, washington

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Are you bringing these to Goldendale? Maybe we could trade for an hour or two so I can check them out. My canons have some CA on Jupiter but, you can focus some of it out. Only 2 more months... We should try April or May if the weather permits.

#9 Stacy

Stacy

Star Partyer

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Are you bringing these to Goldendale? Maybe we could trade for an hour or two so I can check them out. My canons have some CA on Jupiter but, you can focus some of it out. Only 2 more months... We should try April or May if the weather permits.

Yes of course Sean!

However you spoiled IS guys are hard to please :lol:

Looking for a good mono-pod anyway, That should help.

#10 Sean Puett

Sean Puett

Vanguard

• Loc: always cloudy, washington

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Mine are not ED glass. I am not spoiled yet. If yours are not high mag, I can probably hold them steady ish.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics