• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 robininni

robininni

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Stephenville, TX

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I have one Dioptrix that I just cleaned while cleaning other TV EPs: Ethos 8, 13, 21, and 31. This was my first time to clean any of them.

I first blew off any particles I could, I then used a EP cleaning solution on a sterile cotton ball sort of dabbing with very light rubbing. I then followed up by a dry sterile cotton ball dragging/lightly rubbing from inside to out and then going around the edge and finally, in small circles here and there all over. I used light pressure for most of this, and no pressure for some. I never put heavy pressure on the cotton balls.

The EPs came out perfect. Extremely clean, no scratches. The Dioptrix was more difficult to clean (not perfect but very clean) and it has fine scratches all over (not severe, and not completely covering it, but nevertheless they're there).

So, my question, is the Dioptrix material not as tough and easier to scratch? It seems that way to me but I wondered what others have found.

Thanks,

Rob

#2 Heitman

Heitman

Mariner 2

• Loc: Reeds, NC

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hi,
I use a Dioptrx and have cleaned it many times, it still looks new after cleaning and has no scratches at all.
Are you sure you are seeing scratches?
Tim

#3 robininni

robininni

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Stephenville, TX

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Hi,
I use a Dioptrx and have cleaned it many times, it still looks new after cleaning and has no scratches at all.
Are you sure you are seeing scratches?
Tim

Yes, they are hairline circular scratches like you would get from improper cleaning.

Rob

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics