Lunar anomalies

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Roberto_sp

Roberto_sp

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Guys, Im just starting to study astrophoto and saw some interesting things about moon anomalies in google moon and other photos in NASA files.
Im now trying to map a crater called Barrow (north of Plato crater) where I saw a very strange thing in google moon And some photos i toke but no detidos.
Will try to get some more details with my gears.

Is there anyone that tried that stuff? Or read/saw any of those very strange anomalies?

Zeeman crater is the most strange for me so far. But is south dark side. So, no way to check it besides google moon and nasa files.

Thanks,
Roberto

--------------------
Celestron nexstar 6SE
Spc900 webcam

#2 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

Voyager 1

• Loc: Inner Solar System

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

What sort of anomalies?

#3 Roberto_sp

Roberto_sp

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Like contructions. Try in google image "zeeman crater" anomaly. You should be Able to find An old printscreen from google moon. Its now deleted from google moon....kind of photoshoped.
Or others like Some 90 degrees angles...
Nothing very precise. But kind of strange from what i so And read

#4 Roberto_sp

Roberto_sp

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Just remembered. "Moon rising" in youtube is a good documentary about it. With pictures from lunar mod.

#5 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

Voyager 1

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

You mean, artificial structures on the Moon? Not left there by humans?

#6 azure1961p

azure1961p

Voyager 1

• Loc: USA

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Like contructions. Try in google image "zeeman crater" anomaly. You should be Able to find An old printscreen from google moon. Its now deleted from google moon....kind of photoshoped. 8
Or others like Some 90 degrees angles...
Nothing very precise. But kind of strange from what i so And read

Nothing odd here in any unnatural sense of the word. All structures on the moon without exception are explained quite well with the models explainibg the creation of the solar system. There are no discordant right angle anomalies or other ruler straight read; being-made kinds of things.

With all the light and shadow play on the moon theres dark corners enough to stow some misconceptions and fantasy notions but its all ac really explained away with the same starkness of its shadows.

For some REAL reading on the moon id refer you t o Selenology Today. That google will show you where the real anomalies are.

Good luck.

Pete

Edit: ok i just watched the youtube vid on moon rising. Astronomers refer to that as unadulterated garbage. Its pure fiction. There is utterly no ambiguety in the interpretation. Its a waste of your time.
Roberto for the real deal, Selenology Today.

#7 RobertED

RobertED

Gemini

• Loc: Smithfield, RI

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

You mean like Gruithuisen's "Lunar City?".... :shrug:

#8 azure1961p

azure1961p

Voyager 1

• Loc: USA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

That's a historic example though the ones in that vid are a little slathered in non fact in step with today's cult for such pseudo phenomena

Pete

#9 David Knisely

David Knisely

Hubble

• Loc: southeastern Nebraska

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Yup, the image of Barrow look OK in Google Moon (nothing odd there), but the image of Zeeman looks like they were having a mapping problem using images not take from straight above (they filled-in some shadowing in a non-uniform manner). The images used also weren't stitched together all that well, so you can see the line of the frame edges. Its amazing that these people who claim all these "anomalies" can't (or won't) understand that there are problems that can crop up when creating mosaics like the ones of Google Moon. I guess they just want to "believe" in aliens, so they see what they want to see. Clear skies to you.

#10 buddyjesus

buddyjesus

Vanguard

• Loc: Davison, Michigan

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

I would say to check out this site and get some experience seeing what the moon looks like in general while helping professional scientists with their research.

https://www.zooniver...project/moonzoo

#11 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

Voyager 1

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

I guess they just want to "believe" in aliens, so they see what they want to see.

Well, we're a product of our upbringing. When I was a kid, Disneyland had a "Trip to the Moon" ride. You'd go to the moon (on a big screen); the chairs would compress down with the acceleration. You'd orbit around to the "dark side", where they'd shoot down flares so you could see. Wait - what's that?!? Some sort of artificial structure, briefly seen by the flare? Wha...?
Oops, time to return to Earth.

Get your "E" tickets ready! :D

#12 Roberto_sp

Roberto_sp

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

thanks a lot guys. Will have a look át. The selenology.
Just to tell you why i was so interested in your opinion about it...I toke this zeeman crater print screen from google moon in 2010, before it changed. Really looked odd for me. With no shadow possibility.
Tks for all answers

Attached Files

#13 Roberto_sp

Roberto_sp

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

And that one from nasa website. Just applied a bit more contrast And less exposure.

Attached Files

#14 buddyjesus

buddyjesus

Vanguard

• Loc: Davison, Michigan

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

I am having trouble comparing those two images of the moon. In the second image, I can't even recognize the hill that is easily visible in the first image that is lit from the side at quite an angle. Also the lighting is in different directions? I think the added contrast in the second pic detracts from my ability to see anything. Sorry

#15 Roberto_sp

Roberto_sp

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Post deleted by Roberto_sp

#16 Roberto_sp

Roberto_sp

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

The second picture is Lobachevsky Crater. That original picture is at http://www.lpi.usra....?AS17-150-23085
You can do the same i did with contrast and exposure to see that. In fact, turning the picture upsid down, u can see it at the left up corner without doing anything in the picture. But is quie white. Thanks for taking time on this buddyjesus. Appreciate it

#17 David Knisely

David Knisely

Hubble

• Loc: southeastern Nebraska

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

The image of Zeeman referred to with the "funny structure" that is no-longer on Google moon I have seen and was obviously one with a defect in plotting that stretched a section of that image laterally (note the other craters in the immediate area are distorted and elongated in the same way). There are other images of Zeeman which do not show this effect (like the longer range Lunar Orbiter images), although the frames from Google Moon of that crater still show some problems in display. The second image merely shows a brighter ridge that appears to be on or near the rim of a large crater. Sorry, but I'm afraid I see nothing that is even remotely artificial in or around either crater. Clear skies to you.

#18 JimP

JimP

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

I agre with you David. I have been the observing the Moon for many decades. Patrick Moore was my mentor. Now, as a member of the GLR (Geologic L:unar Researches who publish Selenology Today), I am helping with mapping Lunar Domes. There are many beautiful and mysterious features on the Moon, but none are artificial. Period.

best,

JimP

#19 blb

blb

Aurora

• -----
  • Loc: Piedmont NC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

I toke this zeeman crater print screen from google moon in 2010, before it changed. Really looked odd for me. With no shadow possibility.

Do you mean in the shadow where the X marks the spot? I see nothing else. :question:

#20 NeilMac

NeilMac

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: MedHat, AB, Canada

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

That one part reminds me of an old WristWatch in the sand LOL

#21 contrailmaker

contrailmaker

Apollo

• -----

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

For really amazing high resolution pictures of the moon check out the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera web site.

CM

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics