•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Need help finding a book...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

Hubble

• topic starter
  • Loc: Inner Solar System

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I've been searching the web for a copy (in PDF format, or something else I can have printed off) of the book "La Planete Mars et ses Conditions de Habitablitie" Volume II by Camille Flammarion. I don't think I could afford an actual original copy; but I'd follow up any leads on that, too.

I found a copy, from the University of Toronto, at Archive.org; but it's so faint and washed out, it's unreadable. More to the point, the drawings in it are not legible at all.

Has anyone run across a better copy of this book? One that would print out well?

Thanks.

#2 rookie

rookie

Good Night Nurse

• Loc: St. Petersburg, FL

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Try this Google Books Copy. Link for book

There is an icon on the right that looks like a snowflake. If you click on that, you can download the file as a .pdf. I imagine it can then be printed. At least you can check it out to see if the quality is worthwhile. Google books may have other copies too. I didn't check for more, but I just downloaded a nice free clean copy to my Nook Tablet.

#3 turtle86

turtle86

Pooh-Bah Everywhere Else

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for the tip about Google Books. Looks like there's a lot of great free stuff there.

#4 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

Hubble

• topic starter
  • Loc: Inner Solar System

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

Try this Google Books Copy.

Rookie,

Thanks for the link; but that's Volume 1, which I downloaded and printed several years ago. Vol. 2 seems to be a lot harder to find!

#5 rookie

rookie

Good Night Nurse

• Loc: St. Petersburg, FL

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

:foreheadslap: will look again

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics