Need help finding a book...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

Voyager 1

• Loc: Inner Solar System

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I've been searching the web for a copy (in PDF format, or something else I can have printed off) of the book "La Planete Mars et ses Conditions de Habitablitie" Volume II by Camille Flammarion. I don't think I could afford an actual original copy; but I'd follow up any leads on that, too.

I found a copy, from the University of Toronto, at Archive.org; but it's so faint and washed out, it's unreadable. More to the point, the drawings in it are not legible at all.

Has anyone run across a better copy of this book? One that would print out well?

Thanks.

#2 rookie

rookie

Good Night Nurse

• Loc: St. Petersburg, FL

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Try this Google Books Copy. Link for book

There is an icon on the right that looks like a snowflake. If you click on that, you can download the file as a .pdf. I imagine it can then be printed. At least you can check it out to see if the quality is worthwhile. Google books may have other copies too. I didn't check for more, but I just downloaded a nice free clean copy to my Nook Tablet.

#3 turtle86

turtle86

Pooh-Bah Everywhere Else

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for the tip about Google Books. Looks like there's a lot of great free stuff there.

#4 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

Voyager 1

• Loc: Inner Solar System

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

Try this Google Books Copy.

Rookie,

Thanks for the link; but that's Volume 1, which I downloaded and printed several years ago. Vol. 2 seems to be a lot harder to find!

#5 rookie

rookie

Good Night Nurse

• Loc: St. Petersburg, FL

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

:foreheadslap: will look again

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics