CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

etx 125 hand controler..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 deleterman

deleterman

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: san diego,ca

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hi all, was out the other night and checking out jupiter and went to lock on to it as i had 100's of times, it tracks spot on for hours..after i did this the scope went wacko going here and there.. :confused: then i tryed to use the arrow button to get back on it it worked great. but later i tryed the arrow button again and it did the same thing but not as bad the scope just went a few inches and stoped. any thoughts on this?? :help:H.B.

#2 rtanton

rtanton

Vendor (Explorer Scientific)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Mission Viejo, CA

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

A likely culprit is the handbox cord. It usually fails at one of the RJ connectors. Some of the better cables added strain relief systems to avoid this type problem.

Russ

#3 deleterman

deleterman

Messenger

• -----

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Thank you so much for the info Russ.is there a way i could check the connection ? and where could i get better cables ? again thanks.H.B.

#4 Edward Swaim

Edward Swaim

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Little Rock, Arkansas

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Don't substitute a computer network cable! I blew a voltage regulator chip by doing that.

Ed

#5 deleterman

deleterman

Messenger

• -----

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Thanks for the great advice.its good to know these things. again thanks.H.B. :foreheadslap:

#6 deleterman

deleterman

Messenger

• -----

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Today checked out cable, no problem ?!! checked out scope and arrows and speed -no problem.. will do some more checking tomorrow. :shrug:H.B.

#7 tomatohead

tomatohead

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

If you are having trouble with intermittent 497 cable connections try this: Take an old tooth brush and ordinary tooth paste, scrub the contacts and let every thing dry. It gets the contacts nice and shiny. Works Great!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics