• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Centaur

Centaur

Vendor

• Vendors
  • Loc: Chicago

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

The 34% illuminated waning crescent Moon will occult the magnitude +3.1 star Beta Capricorni for observers in Hawaii during the predawn hours of 2013 APR 04. Immersion will occur on the lunar bright limb and emersion on the dark limb.

I’ve created a graze map, table of Besselian elements, and a Honolulu preview graphic with data. They can be seen at my webpage for occultations: www.CurtRenz.com/occultations

Photos and descriptions of the event would be welcome additions to this thread. Timing predictions for specific locations will be provided, if you reply to this post with a longitude, latitude, elevation and time zone.

#2 thewheel

thewheel

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Half Mile from Tucson

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hi Curt,

It seems like from where I am at, that Beta Cap is going to come out from behind the moon at 11:37UT and beta2 cap at 11:30UT tonite Jan 2 2014

Might be a sight to see? for us folks out west!

#3 Centaur

Centaur

Vendor

• Vendors
  • Loc: Chicago

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Hi Curt,

It seems like from where I am at, that Beta Cap is going to come out from behind the moon at 11:37UT and beta2 cap at 11:30UT tonite Jan 2 2014

Might be a sight to see? for us folks out west!

Yes indeed, that event is discussed in my second post in my New Moon Spotting thread for which you supplied fine reports: http://www.cloudynig...6273949/page...

A graze map, preview graphics and Besselian elements are provided in my occultations webpage: www.CurtRenz.com/occultations

Hopefully photos and descriptions of the event will be entered in that thread.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics