• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sean Wood

Sean Wood

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: North Carolina

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

Forsyth Astronomical Society will be hosting our local contribution to the North Carolina Statewide Star Party. More info on the attached flyer or see our club's website www.fas37.org
If you're not going to be in our area check the NC Science Festival's website calendar there are 46 other events being held simultaneously on the same day in different areas of the state.

Attached Files

#2 Spoonsize

Spoonsize

DURHAM 157494

• Loc: Stuck in a Time Warp.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

D#@*^#.....missed this. We've been at Mayberry Campground just up the road. It would have been a great thing to do.

I'll have to bookmark the links for future reference.

Steve

#3 Sean Wood

Sean Wood

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Check out our club's website or look us up on either FaceBook or Google+. We typically average 1 public event of some sort, weather permitting, per month and if so when and where should be shared on each of those 3 places well in advance.

#4 Spoonsize

Spoonsize

DURHAM 157494

• Loc: Stuck in a Time Warp.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Seems there is a star party at the Stone Mt campground in the field behind site #33 on April 20th. Can you tell me if you think this will be well attended and is there an online map I can download for directions to the site?
Thanks Sean.

Steve

#5 Sean Wood

Sean Wood

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

Our webmasters Chip and Vivian are the members that maintain that public observation. From my understanding it's sort of for just camping guests at the park. Chip and Vivian have reserved that camping spot throughout the summer and do the event pretty much by themselves from my understanding, though I've never actually been to or participated in one of our Stone Mtn events. I MAY be wrong. It would be best to contact either of them via our club site or on Facebook. They would be more than happy to fill in the details.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics