Quick shot with my LX80

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mkofski

Mkofski

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Greenfield, Indiana, USA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

This photo has no real significance but I wanted to post it anyway.

Last night was the first night that it was clear that I had any time. Only a half an hour to start and finish a session so I set the mount with my Orion 80mm f/6 refractor and Canon DSLR out in the yard. No alignment, just turned on the mount skipped alignment and slewed to a point where I had a star field in the finder scope. I didn't care what I was looking at. I shot several 30 second exposures. There was a focus problem after the first shot but this is what I got. It has been clear today and I have more time tonight if the weather holds.

Attached Files

#2 Mkofski

Mkofski

Surveyor 1

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Here is an enlargement of the 3 brightest stars. I know it was only a 30 second exposure but I was happy with the roundness of the stars.

Attached Files

#3 DuiA1

DuiA1

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Tom, a good sign. Hope to have mine back in a couple of weeks and maybe will try some AP with it also. I've been following the other thread also with you and Andrew. Thanks for your pioneering work on this mount with autoguiding.

#4 Mkofski

Mkofski

Surveyor 1

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

DuiA1,

I'm Mike not Tom... don't want to take credit I didn't deserve. I haven't done much pioneering with the LX80. I do think I was one of the first happy owners!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics