• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Daud

Daud

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: AZ, Scottsdale

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I am getting the scope (the old 101 non NP version) and the Binotron with 45mm OCA is on order. With this Petzval design, will there be a problem binoviewing ?
I may consider replacing the focuser with a a Starlight one, where I may ask the adapter to be shortened, but I should not bump in the rear element with the ocuser or OCA..

adapter

#2 johnnyha

johnnyha

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Sherman Oaks, CA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

Denkmeier makes a "Part SR" which is an OCS that fits down inside the nose of the diagonal, allowing the NP101 to reach focus at all three PowerSwitch settings. So this is used in lieu of the regular OCS that screws onto the end of the diagonal nose. Without it, the Denks will only reach focus in two of the three PowerSwitch settings but not the lower setting. I am assuming the TV101 and Binotron 27 would use the same Part SR but you should check with Russ at Denkmeier on that.

#3 CarlDD

CarlDD

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: UK

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hi,
I have the TV101 from '99 and the Denk Standard, with both the 1.25 and 2 inch OCS ( newtonian I think ) work just fine. The 2 inch OCS screws onto the TV diagonal - telescope side - on the bino side I have the power x switch thingy. Depends on the eyepieces but 2 of 3 setting on the PxS come to focus with no fiddling. I've never felt the need to change the focuser.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics