• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 frolinmod

frolinmod

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Straight through RJ45 silver satin cords work. Straight through Ethernet cables work and have nice factory crimps and strain reliefs. Almost all Ethernet patch cables are straight through. Do not attempt to use Ethernet cross-over cables (which are fortunately rather rare and special these days).

I purchased a 15-foot straight through RJ45 silver satin coiled cord on Ebay because I wanted a coiled cord. The connectors on the ends were so poorly crimped that I had to cut them off and crimp new ones on myself. So much for Ebay quality merchandise.

#27 10gauge

10gauge

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Boston

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Thanks, folinmod. I'll keep an eye out for RJ45 of Ethernet cables. Too bad the hand controller is not WiFi or wireless.

#28 CA Stargazer

CA Stargazer

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Milpitas, California

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Another user here with play in RA Axis.
Not severe, but definitely enough to bug the heck out of me.
Initially I had what seemed like backlash when slewing to a star and slowly seeing the star drift away for a few seconds and track normally again usually near meridian.
This weekend while mounting my refractor and checking for sturdy seating on the saddle, I hear a really weak thud and slight wobble, but only when tugging/pulling on RA direction.
Reminded me of this thread, thanks for pointing out the adjustment, it is just as described for the original Atlas/EQ6.

Frank.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics