• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lane

Lane

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: Frisco, Texas

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

A few questions for anyone that owns the S1 diagonal and has the filter slider installed:

1. Can the filter slider use Baader filters? They are thicker than other filters I have seen.
2. If I buy an S1 power switch diagonal, where will they mount the filter switch, behind the power switch or on the eyepiece side of the diagonal? Is there a choice?
3. How wide is the filter slider?
4. How wide is the power switch?
5. Any problems trying to turn the diagonal and having the filter switch or power switch hit the focus knob on a C11? What about if the focus knob has been replaced with a Feathertouch, which is much longer and a little fatter than the original?

#2 junomike

junomike

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Ontario

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Those questions can easily be answered by Russ @ Denk. From my knowledge and use of the very close Earthwin Unit, I can help you some.

1) I have not encountered a Filter yet that won't fit the Filter Slides. I've tried/used Baader, Celestron, Orion, DGM and Lumicon.

2) The Filter Switches are placed on the BOTTOM of the unit as they are larger than the Power Slides. Russ may be able to swap that orientation around, but It works best as It is IMO.

3)?

4) ?

5) I've had no Issues with previous scopes (M703D Mak, M10 ACF) which were used on a GEM nor my current C11, but It is an NS11GPS ForkMount which requires no repositioning.
I just checked and My E/W just hits the Focuser Knob (2-speed FT). Not by alot, but enough to prevent rotation so your concern is warranted, but If you're gonna loosen the VB to rotate then It's as easy to pull It out a half an inch as well to clear the FT Focuser.

Also, note that a longer or shorter VB will have a different clearanceMike

Mike

#3 Lane

Lane

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: Frisco, Texas

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Thanks, I will contact Russ.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics