Meridian Optics sale

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 oldtimer

oldtimer

Apollo

• Loc: Lake County Illinois

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Someone on another thread mentioned that Meridian Optics had Speer-whaler eyepieces on sale. I just checked their web site and they have a whole lot of other astro stuff for sale. I just wonder if we are seeing one more astro supplier going 'belly up'.

#2 dan_h

dan_h

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Possibly, who knows.

I looked at getting a 2" focuser from them. The price was definitely good. It's incredible that this thing was maufactured, packaged and shipped half way around the world at a profit, and, at a total price cheaper than the cost of sending it USPS to me. When more than 55% of the final cost of an item is postage, it's no wonder a mail order business can't survive.

I didn't order the focuser. I'll look for alternative solutions to my problem.

dan

#3 MawkHawk

MawkHawk

Messenger

• Loc: SE Michigan, USA

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

I understand that the owner is interested in selling the business. Not facing bankruptcy, but would like to exit the venture.

#4 DaveJ

DaveJ

Surveyor 1

• Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

I understand that the owner is interested in selling the business. Not facing bankruptcy, but would like to exit the venture.

Is this the place that's being discussed here? If so, it's Meridian Telescopes rather than Meridian Optics. I Googled "Meridian Optics" and came up empty? :question:

#5 gonzosc1

gonzosc1

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

checking on that +1

#6 gonzosc1

gonzosc1

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

looking at the ep's. are the black label S/W the same as the red label s/w. the pics show black label for both series 1 and 2..
I have a red label already and would like to get another to try on the bino but don't know the differences.

#7 MawkHawk

MawkHawk

Messenger

• Loc: SE Michigan, USA

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Is this the place that's being discussed here? If so, it's Meridian Telescopes rather than Meridian Optics. I Googled "Meridian Optics" and came up empty? :question:

That is the site that I was referring to. Not sure if it is the same site that the OP is referring to, but I see that on your link they have the EPs on sale as stated above.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics