• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 Lurch

Lurch

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Central Pa.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

As far I know, I was already in EQ mode and stayed in that mode.
-Counterweights were on
-Put scope on
-balancing in both directions.
- then on pg 8 was adjusting the R.A. axis elevations and watching how it worked using the Jackscrew.
I'm at a loss in more ways than one.

#77 Orboos

Orboos

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

From my experience with mounts they all come (regardless of price) "dry" as a bone. When I got my AZ-EQ6 first thing I did I brushed some grease on
the jackscrew and the main screw between mount and tripod.
In your case I think damage is already done and the only option left is to contact SW and arrange replacement of the jackscrew and the nut.
This mount is amazing, very high quality build, but makes me sad that it can be brought down by lack of little grease which costs "nothing". I hope you will get this problem solved and enjoy clear sky.

#78 johnpd

johnpd

Messenger

• -----

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

Lurch,

Sorry to hear that. You have to be careful about jacking the mount up with weight on it especially as far up as you were going. If I store my mount on a case, I usually have it set in EQ Mode. When I take it out for use, I normally switch to AZ Mode with no weights or scope on the mount. So far I have had no issues with the jackscrew. I hope you can get it straightened out.

JohnD

#79 Lurch

Lurch

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Central Pa.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

I had wondered if it was lubed, but figured I better not mess with it. In the meantime I put a couple drops of oil on the threads and was able to free it up a little, but damage is already done. I contacted the Dealer and waiting for a reply. Doesn't look to hard to replace.
But have been able to do a full test otherwise in doors and YES, it is amazing. Moves like a robotic arm. I should still be able to use it until the parts come.

#80 KonstantinK

KonstantinK

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Moscow, Russian Federation

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Finally, I have received my AZ-EQ6. First impression was that it looked great in comparison with its predecessor. It is really so. But one fact seems to be disappointing - significant backlash in RA worm-gear. It can be noticed easily.
In EQ6 this backlash can easily be eliminated by two torx bolts.
I am not sure if the mechanism in AZ-EQ6 is the same. Could anyone confirm or disprove the existence of the backlash? How it can be eliminated in AZ-EQ6?
Also I have found two torx bolts outside housing in the area near the each large pulley - what is the use for??

PS
Problem with backlash solved in "EQ6 style". Other questions are still actual.

#81 Mike X.

Mike X.

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Greece-Athens and Rome-Italy

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

It's the same,i have eliminated backlash on mine on both RA and DEC just like you would do it on a standart NEQ6/Atlas.

#82 Mike X.

Mike X.

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Greece-Athens and Rome-Italy

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Ps: I just saw your PS,i'm glad you solved the backlash "issue" ;)

#83 KonstantinK

KonstantinK

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Moscow, Russian Federation

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

I am waiting for the clear sky!!! :))
Today I've made noise measurement - AZ-EQ6 vs EQ6 belt mod. AZ-EQ6 produces 72-74dB running at maximum rate. EQ6 produced 66-68dB running at the same speed. But... At ending or at starting, AZ-EQ6 produced only 76-78dB, while EQ6 made 80-82dB.
But the sound of AZ-EQ6 seems to be more convenient ;)

#84 northernontario

northernontario

Apollo

• Loc: Porcupine, Ontario Canada

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hello.

I recently bought the AZ NEQ6 GT.

Could some one tell me how I go about registering this product in Canada for the warranty.

Thanks

jake

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics