Orion Skyquest XTg Mount Blues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jbonetwo

jbonetwo

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

This is my first scope bought about 2 years ago.

Right after assembly we noticed that the vertical motor was temperamental past the ~50-55 degree mark where the motor would not move the scope upward.

We learned to live with it, making sure our goto operations and alignment stars werent too high up, but the other day it flat out refused to move the scope up from park position.

The motor seems to be working just fine without the scope mounted on top of it.

Wondering if any of you with the same mount have had this issue and how you resolved it.

Thanks
-Sharon

#2 cliffy54

cliffy54

Viking 1

• Loc: ma

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

You might try to post in the reflector forum. ;)

#3 mark379

mark379

Messenger

• Loc: New Jersey

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

You might try to post in the reflector forum. ;)

If you have bought it new from Orion within the first year, call them and they will send you the replacement motor. It's a clutch issue.
Best,
Mark

#4 mark379

mark379

Messenger

• Loc: New Jersey

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

This is my first scope bought about 2 years ago.

Right after assembly we noticed that the vertical motor was temperamental past the ~50-55 degree mark where the motor would not move the scope upward.
Sorry, quoted the wrong person. It is a mount problem. The clutch was weak in mine when I first got it. If it within the first year if purchase, Orion will replace the bad motor. You just need to call them. It's a cluch problem.
Mark :)
We learned to live with it, making sure our goto operations and alignment stars werent too high up, but the other day it flat out refused to move the scope up from park position.

The motor seems to be working just fine without the scope mounted on top of it.

Wondering if any of you with the same mount have had this issue and how you resolved it.

Thanks
-Sharon

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics