Photo

Is the AT65EDQ Still made?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nine44

nine44

Ranger 4

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Really wanting one of these for AP--but it seems nobody has stock. Haven't been able to get AT to respond to emails. Is this still made? I'm ready to take the plunge on a small aperture, FLAT FIELD, APO refractor and this seemed to be the ideal scope. If this is discontinued, I'd appreciate recos for a small aperture, FLAT FIELD, APO refractor with a good focusing mechanism (ideally with a stepper focus option that BYEOS supports), with a dovetail adapter for the SSAG package. I'll be using a 450D on it. Oh--and it needs to be less than $1000 :)

Ideally, I would love it to be $600--like the AT65EDQ.

#2 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Under the clouds!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

You bet they are. I bought 2 in February 2013.

The thing is they sell as soon as they hit the shelves.

Here's a store in Canada where they currently have it in stock. I bought my 2 AT65EDQ from them.

http://www.maisonast...ories_key=1&...

Good luck

Guylain

#3 nine44

nine44

Ranger 4

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Guylain--Thanks! I've already contacted them to get one. Do you happen to know if there is a remote focus motor that works with your software through ASCOM?

#4 leveye

leveye

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Oregon Coast

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

I just bought their last one a few days ago sorry.Astronomics says July is the next shipping date on new stock.I tried to contact the other Canadian dealer that AT recommended and they never emailed me back.

#5 DaemonGPF

DaemonGPF

Redonkulous

• Loc: Aurora Colorado

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Well Casey, since Guylain has two... you should bribe him for one of his!
:grin:

I know Robert (zerro1) has one, but I think you'd have to pry it from his cold, dead body before he gave it up.
:lol:

It sure is a mean little scope, no wonder they don't stick around in inventory. For that price it's very hard to beat.

#6 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Well Casey, since Guylain has two... you should bribe him for one of his!

Good luck with that :)

Guylain

#7 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Guylain--Thanks! I've already contacted them to get one. Do you happen to know if there is a remote focus motor that works with your software through ASCOM?

The first thing I did with both my AT65EDQ was to replace the focuser with Moonlite focusers w/ High Resolution Stepper Motors. GULP! The focuser is more expensive than the scope so you need to be okay with that.

Make sure you order the 2.5" draw tube and NOT the 4.5" draw tube if you go with a Moonlite focoser, otherwise it will hit the baffle inside the scope and you will loose about 1" of inward travel with the 4.5" draw tube. The 2.5" draw tube is perfect fort the AT65EDQ.

Send me a PM if you want more info.

Guylain

#8 rflinn68

rflinn68

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: Arkansas

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Absolutely LOVE my AT65EDQ. If you cant find a new one in stock you might search the classifieds here or on AstroMart. If neither of those prove fruitful I would highly recommend you wait until new stock arrives in July. It really is an excellent little scope. :)

#9 Momerath

Momerath

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Upstate SC,

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

I just received a e-mail today on this.

We are expecting the next shipment of 50 later this Summer...probably July. No charge till it is ready to ship.

This was the response to my question of stock and ordering

#10 rflinn68

rflinn68

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: Arkansas

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Well Guylain, I've never really even given any thought to replacing the focuser on my AT65EDQ until now. Just got a Moonlite for my AT8IN and it is pretty darn sweet! Now I want one for my AT65 AND my SCT's! :lol:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics