4 replies to this topic

#1 markdturner1

markdturner1

Vendor - Moonraker Telescopes

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Teddington Middlesex England

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hi To everyone on Cloudy Nights. I appreciate the oppertunity to introduce a new line of classic refractors with a retro/modern twist utilising Classic glass and handmade OTA's with focusers made in the good old USA, so a real across the pond collaboration. My website is www.moonrakertelescopes.co.uk and I be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the quality and finish of this totally new style of classical refractor. <a href="www.moonrakertelescopes.co.uk" target="_blank">home</a>
I've included an image here so you get an idea of the concept. Believe it or not my first customer came from the US as a result of reading an article by the author Neil English, who purchased one and it is now his favourite telescope.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,

Mark.
"Moonraker Telescopes, for everyone who knows their view on the universe is unique."

Attached Files

#2 zjc26138

zjc26138

Loved By All

• Loc: Mingo Junction, Ohio

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Beautiful scopes Mark!

#3 markdturner1

markdturner1

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Thank you very much for the compliment. Much appreciated. My mission is to make unique scopes that enchance the unique vistas spied through the magic of quality crown and flint. Last night I was using the 90mm with bino's at 30-300x on the moon just after twilight, magic, pure magic. I'd just come out of hospital earlier that day after an operation {gaul bladders can be such troublesome things} and the only thng that stilled me was a nearly full moon bathed in the after glow of a setting sun.......... Opps, went off on one there sorry.

#4 SteveG

SteveG

Skylab

• Loc: Seattle, WA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

I posted a link in the refractors forum. They are beautiful scopes! I love the tube rings, which are priced reasonably.

#5 markdturner1

markdturner1

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Thank you very much, I'm really happy you like the shape of things to come. Any insight or advice will always be welcome. Thank you

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics