• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stepcop

stepcop

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hi,
i'm a new member of that great astronomy forum. I'm writing from Italy and I have two scopes: one Nexstar 11 gps and than a nexstar 5i. I would ask you if anyone of you has tried to connect to computer these old scopes by the new SkyQ wifi adapter. Both scopes have the aux port.
Best thanks for reply, sorry for my basic english.

#2 stepcop

stepcop

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hi,
Nobody has news for me?

#3 dragonslayer1

dragonslayer1

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: SLC, UT

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

I will try to help but I have sky safari and a cpc but think the principal is the same. I align my scope then plug the sfy-fi cord from handset to sky-fi control box. I don't think you use the aux port. Kasey, PS you might post your question in the video room or a couple others as well

#4 stepcop

stepcop

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

Now I have not bought it yet skyq, I just wanted to know if anyone who has the nexstar 11 gps had tried to connect it to the PC through the new skyQ. Thanks again to all

#5 Mogster

Mogster

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Manchester, England

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

I have Sky Safari and the iPad cable. It works excellently, I'm contemplating the WIFI adapter.

From what I've read SkyQ doesn't sound quite as nice, but you can connect to a PC.You can't use the hand control buttons after aligning via SkyQ apparently, with Sky Safari you can drive the scope from the iPad or HC, whichever is most handy.

#6 Lancem

Lancem

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

I was also trying to get feedback on the SkyQ setup a while back but not many responses. Doesn't seem like it has been very popular. I will continue to use the SkyWire to connect my CPC 1100 to my iPad with SkySafari. It works great.

#7 stepcop

stepcop

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

Thanks to all. I will try to buy it and i will test with my telescopes.
Best regards

#8 Mogster

Mogster

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Manchester, England

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

It could be great, SkyQ needs to interface with other programs, not just Celestron's software. It also needs to allow simultaneous use of the hand control for convenience.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics