CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What Do You Look At With Your Microscope?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 kozmik frakture

kozmik frakture

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Covers Corner MD USA

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

I look at any and everything. Tonight will be water dipped from a bird bath (great rotifers) and gunk from a gutter. With luck it also may clear up tonight.

Hey City Kid--anybody who quotes "Indiscipline" is my kind of astronomer! The bulk of my observing music is King Crimson, Eno, Fripp & a lot of Kraut Rock. I was thinking, this is a dangerous place.

Attached Files

#27 kozmik frakture

kozmik frakture

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

I remember "Hunting with a Microscope". Got it with my 1st microscope when I was in 7th grade (I'm 61 now). I have been thinking about getting a copy.

Attached are the main micros I've got, plus some hand-held & various other magnifiers.

Kim

#28 kozmik frakture

kozmik frakture

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

I collected mud & water from the edge of a pond. The sample is plentiful with cyclops (a species of copepods). Trying to do some videos of them swimming about; so far not overly successful.

#29 JerryOrr

JerryOrr

Explorer 1

• Loc: Oracle, Arizona

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

I primarily observe protozoa and metazoa.  I keep a infusion culture going in a plastic sandwich container next to my microscope.  When I'm out hiking, I'll sometimes collect samples of soil and ditritus to reinoculate the culture.  It is really interesting to see what reveals itself.

#30 GeneT

GeneT

Ely Kid

• Loc: South Texas

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

Human red blood cells are my favorite. There are thousands of objects that are interesting to see. You need to use the right magnification, and sometimes view thin sections.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics