Nexstar SEs on sale at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gh1138

gh1138

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

I had a price alert set for Amazon for the Nexstar 6SE. It's down to 719 USD from usual 799. Noticed the 8" and 5" marked down as well.

When I bought my Meade LX200 several years ago, Meade announced 6 months later they were discontinuing the LX200 and replacing with the next generation.

I'm probably going to buy anyway, but I'd be a little disappointed if they came out with something newer and greater right after I buy.

Anyone know of any impending upgrades/replacements to the Nexstar series?

Thanks.

#2 BigC

BigC

Gemini

• Loc: SE Indiana

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

The SkyProdigy 6 is an alternative to the 6SE

IF the 6SE is the scope that fits your needs NOW, then buy it and don't agonize even if a newer model comes out .The newer model will likely be pricier if it has a significant new feature.

New cars come out every year but that doesn't keep the old ones from doing everything they could do when new!Same for computers.That 10 year old XP will run today anything it could run 10 years ago;only if some new function is demanded will it fall short.

#3 WarmWeatherGuy

WarmWeatherGuy

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Orlando, FL 28° N, 81° W

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

You can get one from Astronomics for the exact same price.

https://www.astronom...ct-telescope...

Why not support Astronomics when it is so easy? They give us this wonderful forum and sometimes a discount for having a Cloudy Nights account. I don't know if this sale item will qualify though for additional discounting. Still, it is so easy...

#4 AstroTatDad

AstroTatDad

Apollo

• Loc: Los Angeles - San Diego

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

This deal is going on from May 1st to June 30th 10% off =)

#5 gh1138

gh1138

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

I love Astronomics and have purchased from them in the past. Their free shipping is through FedEx ground, and in my locale, they don't treat the parcels nearly as well as UPS. I got free 2-day UPS shipping with my Amazon Prime membership, and no restocking fee which hopefully I won't need.

Of course, the scope came today, and the forecast is for mostly cloudy skies the next several days.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics