Wanna Try my M101 data?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shawnhar

shawnhar

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Knoxville, TN

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

I just can't get happy with the end result of my processing on this one, maybe because there is only one dark, maybe because there is only 10 subs, maybe it's jsut my processing...
10 subs at 10 minutes, one dark 10 flats, stacked in DSS.
https://dl.dropboxus...ing referenc...
Here is my result so far...
Edit: look like it will be a few minutes before it uploads...Ok it's there now!

Attached Files

#2 DaemonGPF

DaemonGPF

Redonkulous

• Loc: Aurora Colorado

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Would love to try my hand at it. I'm packed up and won't be imaging for a bit while I move.

#3 BKMaynard

BKMaynard

Vostok 1

• Loc: Cahokia, Il. (st.louis area)

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

We are our worst critic :thinking: I think you have great color, composition and guiding. Just flatten the background a bit and viola!

#4 rflinn68

rflinn68

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: Arkansas

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

I think it looks great for just one dark and 10 minute subs with a 10" SCT. I wish I could get stars that round at that focal length in 10 minute subs!

I've ordered an ADM V-series dovetail for my 10" SCT so I can mount my guidescope and give it a try. Not here again today so it will be at least a week late now :(

Keep up the good work!

#5 shawnhar

shawnhar

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Knoxville, TN

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Thanks guys! In full disclosure, the stars are not really that round, I used StarTools to round them out.
I am using the AMD V dovetail as well, there was some disscussion about flex, but I am on a strict budget, if there is flex it doesn't seem to bad, then again I haven't imaged at 2500mm yet!.
I am all in at $1600 for gear and that's everything, scope, mount, rings, rail, dovetail, camera, guidescope, guide camera, adapters...except the pier, deck and slide off shed, that was about the same cost and only because we built it ourselves. (and I don't count the battery as I just borrow it from the boat) Been a pretty awesome 3 years!

#6 rigel123

rigel123

Voyager 1

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

I think it looks great Shawn, particularly knowing how short the time is on this one. I think you have brought out plenty of good details and colors.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics