May 2013 Challenge Entries (M64)
Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:05 AM
Welcome to the Cloudy Nights Monthly Challenge Imaging Competition in CCD Imaging & Processing Forum:
This competition is intended to be a fun way for you to improve your imaging abilities and a way for you to see many new images with a variety of equipment. All imagers are welcome and encouraged to enter.
Each month a single object will be selected for the competition by the winner from 2 months previous. Having a one month delay allows voting and selection of the next object and will give a full month's time for entries.
The winner of each competition gets to choose the next object and their image will be included in the Hall of Fame message thread. There are no other prizes.
Please include your imaging details such as location, date, telescope, guiding, exposure time, etc with your submission.
1. Have fun! Support other contestants and be polite with your comments.
2. All entries must be captured within the same imaging season. For example, if the December target is the Orion Nebula, you must use images taken during the current winter, not any other year.
3. Image size is limited to 800x800 pixels and 200k in size.
4. Any equipment is allowed to be used in the images including rental equipment; with the only exception of DSLR, since we have another forum specifically for DSLR.
5. All image taking and processing must be done by your team, including equipment setup.
6. Each person may submit only 1 entry per month. However, you may edit your submission and replace the image with a newer one if you wish using the Edit function.
7. Winners will be selected by forum members, the one which receives the highest number of vote will be the winner.
Please submit your image in this thread, comment can be made in the same thread as well.
Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:04 AM
Date: May 7, 2013
Scope: Planewave CDK 17
Exposures: 9x5m L, 5x3m RGB
edit: 5/12 changing image; same data.
Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:01 PM
Taken on different nights 6-5-13 & 7-5-13 using the same scope Skywatcher 200PDS.
Imaged in the LP suburbs of London UK.
Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:56 AM
Scope: 10" LX50 w/Celestron F6.3 fr
Mount: Losmandy G11
Camera: SBIG ST-8300M
Filters: Baader LRGB
Guide: Orion Magnificent Mini, Orion SSAG
Exposures: Lum 18x5min RGB 8x5min each
Orientation: North up
Processing: Photoshop CS4, Carboni Tools
Location: Mineral Point, WI
Limiting Magnitude: 6.0
CCD Temp: -30c
Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:46 PM
AG Optical 12.5" newt F/3.8
Astrodon filters, lodestar guider.
10 x 5 min Lum 1x1
8 x 5min ea RGB 2x2
MaximDL V5, CCDstack, CS5
Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:39 PM
Messier 64 am 18. Mai 2013
Optik: Meade 14" ACF, AP 0.67 CCD Reducer
Kamera: QHY8, Gain:1 Offset: 124
Belichtung: 4h 05min, 49 Frames
Ort: Sternwarte Au60, Saxen OÖ. Temp: 13°C
EBV: DSS, PS, Fitswork und XnView
Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:58 PM
Camera: Finger Lakes Instrumentation MicroLine ML8300 with FLI CFW-2-7 Filter Wheel
Mount: Paramount ME
Scope: Supernova Astrograph - 12.5" Zambuto - My Design and Build
Exposure Time: 18x10 minutes L unbinned: 10x5 minutes RGB binned 2x2
Post-Production: MaxIm DL, CCDStack, PixInsight, and Photoshop CS5
[CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FULL VERSION ON MY WEBSITE]
Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:46 PM
Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:25 PM
Mount: Atlas EQ-G
Camera: Atik 314L+
Guiding: SSAG and Mini Guide Scope
L 34X300sec, RGB 24X300sec each
Captured with Nebulosity, processed with PS CS4