• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jim langley

Jim langley

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: New Holland, PA

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

I bought an IEQ45 about 8 months ago just before I went overseas. I just got home, and of course with the nice weather, one of the first things I wanted to do was set it up and start observing.

I have a few questions, and Im sure I will have more as I really like this mount and want to learn all about it.

First thing I did was power it up, and when I looked at the time displayed on the controller, it was an hour behind. I am in central Pennsylvania which is EST, so I went to the menu item "setup time and site", and there is a setting for Y/N to daylight savings time, (currently saet to N). Since we are currently under daylight saving time I tried to toggle this to Y, and it would not toggle? Any suggestions why?

I also noticed that the push buttons on the controller are intermittent at best.

#2 SweenyTodd

SweenyTodd

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

I have one of the really old IEQ45's so my experience may not be relevant. My experience was that you need to reset time and zone info before the GPS locks. I wrapped some Al foil around the GPS unit to give me the thumb time to reset. That worked for me

#3 rkayakr

rkayakr

Ranger 4

• Loc: Northeast Ohio

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Jim
For an iEQ45 with 8407 controller - you move around the items with the left / right arrows. When you get to the daylight savings time use up / down arrows to toggle Y / N. If I understand the manual correctly, the time and location are overwritten by accurate info from the GPS once it locks. The manual entry is just there in case there is a GPS problem.
Bob

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics