CPC 1100 HD

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lee.S

Lee.S

Sputnik

• Loc: New Mexico USA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Thought I would join in on the CPC group being that I just placed an order for one.I have been reading the post on the pros and cons which finally won the case of jumping in .I have been a CN member since 2011 reading lots of posts through out all the forums .They have always been a divisive factor in my decisions from advise taken from all you members.Now to prepair for my new adventure a little deeper into the cosmos...lee

#2 Seiko4169

Seiko4169

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

Congrats, great choice. Mine arrives tomorrow. :)

#3 Lee.S

Lee.S

Sputnik

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Seiko,Thanks I had been watching your post ,and the comments were the factor that persuaded my decision for the edge HD .Now a whole new learning process begins with all this .I'm sure that I will be asking some question that will show my ignorance in this area of astronomy.Maybe in the future I will be able contribute on the advisory portion of this forum..

#4 Seiko4169

Seiko4169

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Hi Lee, I'm sure we'll both get excellent advice on here. The folks here are so informative although they do get you to spend a lot of money so watch out!!

;-)

#5 jerwin

jerwin

Viking 1

• Loc: Romeoville IL

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

I love my CPC1100. I don't have the the HD, just the normal. She's big and beautiful but I don't think I'd trade her for the world. When that box showed up, I think I said holly $#&! out loud. A few of the HD attachments are a little more expensive, the focal reducer being the only one that comes to mind. I almost always view with my 6.3 focal reducer on. You have a few extra lenses in that ota so it will be a little heavier. But that weight is nice on a windy night. I've seen 8se's blowing against the wind and my CPC just sat there and took it.

Make sure you get that tripod level, and investing in a illuminated reticle will help put those targets dead center of the eyepiece every time.

Buy her dinner some night and take her out of town to a dark site and you'll really have some fun.

Clear skies,
Jim

#6 herrointment

herrointment

Skylab

• Loc: North of Hwy. 64

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

You'll have a blast with that big girl! She'll want different accessories, but then she'll really put on a show.....

#7 Lee.S

Lee.S

Sputnik

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Thanks to all ,received tracking number today.EXCITEMENT rising,Thanks again.....lee

#8 Seiko4169

Seiko4169

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

Enjoy, you'll love it. :)

#9 Lee.S

Lee.S

Sputnik

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

Received the scope last Thursday ,but due to weather conditions didn't get set it up until Sunday night set was normal.The night sky hazy,and atmospheric wash through the night I ended at 4:00am .the scope ran well through out with a few tracking adjustments to center object.Now last night set up at different location 10 miles from earlier.when first star alien says OK when choosing object didn't show in eyepiece ,tried again object lands in eyepiece but when choosing other objects would not show in eyepiece,and had to go to finder scope to recenter.So if weather permits for another practice session will see if situation improves GPS read same on scope compared to personal hand held GPS.Also once object centered in eyepiece it would drift out of sight with in 30 to 45 minutes ,didn't do that the night before.HHHMMMMMM

#10 herrointment

herrointment

Skylab

• Loc: North of Hwy. 64

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

My fist two alignments last night were bad. Third time rebooting was the charm. Some times you just gotta.

#11 jedavis1

jedavis1

Lift Off

• Loc: Iowa

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Congratulations on your CPC 1100 HD. I love my CPC 925 with an Earthwin binoviewer, green laser for initial alignment, scope buggy for transport, and a TeleVue 60 for wide views. The new skySafari wireless control makes the package perfect for me.

Jim

#12 Fernando134

Fernando134

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Brasil

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

Dear all,

I am planning to replace my CPC800 XLT with the CPC1100 Edge HD. I have been doing some "research" on the CPC1100 Edge HD, Hyperstar and so. I read in a review of the Edge HD the following comment: "One thing to be aware of with the Edge system is the rear distance when using eyepieces and cameras at F10 , as it is fairly critical. I was initialy stumped when viewing with 2 "eyepieces the stars were out of focus between the edge to the center and found that because I was using a 2"diagonal I had the distance to short. Once i got this sorted with a spacer all is fine now."

I was surprised with the comment, but as I am not a member of the list where I read the comment, I would like to hear your comment (if possible.) As all my eyepieces are 2", I am wondering if I will need "a spacer"?

Regards, Fernando

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics