Is Scope City still alive??

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Dakota1

Dakota1

Viking 1

• Loc: West of the Mississippi

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

I tried that number and it answers as a home mortage referral number. From what I have been told by very reliable sources Scope city is no longer in business. Some times there web site will stay on for sometime till it is removed. Its 6:30 pm here when I called the number that is at the top of the web page. Try it and see if you get the same message. I dialed it 4 times and same message each time with that number.

#27 crazyqban

crazyqban

Vanguard

• Loc: Miami, Florida

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

I just checked the domain on the WHOIS database and it will remain active until November 9, 2014. So unless someone takes down the site, it will probably be active until then since they probably paid for a package deal with a web design company.

#28 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama

• Loc: montana

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Here's a previous thread on Scope City:

Thread

#29 Binojunky

Binojunky

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Yes, it's sad to see all these guys go. Jerry was great, and I loved the store. Luckily Brian and Brady at KW are in the same category. A bit of a longer drive from the GTA, but well worth it for that level of quality customer service.

Best,
Ed L.

This is not vendor knocking but I have sent out e-mails on several occasions to the new owners of the Perceptor name and never received a reply, these by the way were for a significant purchase, Jerry on the other hand used to reply even if you sent an inquiry in by Carrier Pigeon, :)DA.

#30 edl

edl

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Interesting. I can't say my email responses have been lightening fast with KW, but they do tend to get answered.
The in-store experience and after sales service, however, have been top notch.

Completely agree about Jerry though. A great person to buy from or just sit around and talk shop.

Best,
Ed L.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics