Wanted: Owners Manual for a Takahashi EM-200 USD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 judothrow

judothrow

Sputnik

• Loc: Elk Grove, California

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

If you have the owners manual from the original USD EM-200 and would be willing to copy and email to me, I would be in your debt. :help: I would have posted this on the Yahoo Unsensored Takahashi Group last night, but the moderator declined my membership! I'm a really good person too, always willing to help anybody out, honest, integrity, great husband and dad. :bawling: Thx, Chris

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

http://www.takahashi...00USDManual.pdf

#3 judothrow

judothrow

Sputnik

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

thanks for posting the manual, but Art at TNR told me there were alot of changes from the USD to the USD III. Anybody have an original USD I ? Chris W.

#4 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

thanks for posting the manual, but Art at TNR told me there were alot of changes from the USD to the USD III.

OK. This one covers the USD.

http://www.takahashi... USD Manual.pdf

#5 orlyandico

orlyandico

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Singapore

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Is there that much difference between the USD and USD3?

My understanding is that the USD crawls along (doesn't have a high-speed slew mode) but the USD3 can slew at high (>16X) speed. Still no GoTo though.

#6 judothrow

judothrow

Sputnik

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

thanks for posting the manual, but Art at TNR told me there were alot of changes from the USD to the USD III.

OK. This one covers the USD.

http://www.takahashi... USD Manual.pdf

I appreciate the effort John, but the EM-10 is not at all the same as the EM-200. The Polar Aligning System is completely different, along with several other things, but I've copied the USDIII you pasted above, and I can make that work, since my concerns are related to the Polar Alignment Scope and from I to III, it appears unchanged. Thanks again, Chris W. :jump:

#7 judothrow

judothrow

Sputnik

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

No, Art at TNR said I could buy the 24v power source w/pelican case for my USD and it would enable the high speed slew, however, it's not that big a deal to push the scope around by hand anyway :ooo:.

Is there that much difference between the USD and USD3?

My understanding is that the USD crawls along (doesn't have a high-speed slew mode) but the USD3 can slew at high (>16X) speed. Still no GoTo though.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics