•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The Sky X Pro strange occurence

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 robininni

robininni

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Stephenville, TX

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

I just bought it. I have been getting acquainted with it today and I have found some issues that are scaring me.

When selecting to have Messier labels show, at first I had trouble getting them all to show from being further zoomed out but then I found a slider to change this. HOWEVER... I was not getting m51 to show at all, m5 was labeled just 'm' and I had two m31s (one was supposed to be m38).

I restarted and now all the labels are correct, however I don't know why I was getting the weirdness in the first place.

Lastly, after scrolling/zooming around the sky chart, the sky will no longer scroll with time (as seen best with 1000x time). The clocks advances correctly but the sky doesn't move. I have to choose one of the "look" buttons such as look North to get he sky to move again. This doesn't always happen to me but has happened twice.

EDIT: Figured this out, I must have entered "free rotation" orientation. I see everything does stop spinning in that orientation. So its only the wierd M labels I was getting once that has me curious.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, 8 gb ram, and an nVidia GT 640m graphics card.

Thanks,

Rob

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics