• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 robininni

robininni

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Stephenville, TX

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

I just bought it. I have been getting acquainted with it today and I have found some issues that are scaring me.

When selecting to have Messier labels show, at first I had trouble getting them all to show from being further zoomed out but then I found a slider to change this. HOWEVER... I was not getting m51 to show at all, m5 was labeled just 'm' and I had two m31s (one was supposed to be m38).

I restarted and now all the labels are correct, however I don't know why I was getting the weirdness in the first place.

Lastly, after scrolling/zooming around the sky chart, the sky will no longer scroll with time (as seen best with 1000x time). The clocks advances correctly but the sky doesn't move. I have to choose one of the "look" buttons such as look North to get he sky to move again. This doesn't always happen to me but has happened twice.

EDIT: Figured this out, I must have entered "free rotation" orientation. I see everything does stop spinning in that orientation. So its only the wierd M labels I was getting once that has me curious.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, 8 gb ram, and an nVidia GT 640m graphics card.

Thanks,

Rob

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics