• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Kraus

Kraus

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Georgia.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

You're right and don't bump your head on the telescope.

#27 Sarkikos

Sarkikos

Hubble

• Loc: Per sylvam ad astra

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

I never gave any thought to the morality of either pursuit. I don't think sin enters into the picture at all. Unless I'm cussing out the nutbar who just drove into the observing site, headlights blazing. :grin:

Yes, indeed. They should be consigned to the lowest circle of Hades. I hear it's a dry heat. And plenty of white light! :mrevil:

Mike

#28 deepskydarrell

deepskydarrell

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Abbotsford, BC Canada

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

I never gave any thought to the morality of either pursuit. I don't think sin enters into the picture at all. Unless I'm cussing out the nutbar who just drove into the observing site, headlights blazing. :grin:

Yes, indeed. They should be consigned to the lowest circle of Hades. I hear it's a dry heat. And plenty of white light! :mrevil:

Mike

And they don't serve breakfast.

DSD.

#29 Bill Boublitz

Bill Boublitz

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

To my way of thinking, the only sin is not to enjoy every moment under the stars, with whatever equipment you use.

I've had plenty of nights where I just wanted to survey. Others, focused on one or two objects. I remember one magical night I set up the scope under a transparent summer Milky Way and just sat there looking with my eyes. Never touched the scope.... :jump:

#30 cpsTN

cpsTN

Mercury-Atlas

• ****-
  • Loc: Rutherford Co, TN

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

"Men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." John 3:19 :thinking:

:grin:
Mike

Then expain all those street lights......

That's not the light that John meant, but the post is still funny.

As far as the OP, what you do with the hobby is up to you. Don't feel badly either way from others' points of view.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics