May13 Intermediate DSO Challenge Submissions
Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:02 PM
Post your entries here.
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest. Entries must be made prior midnight of the last day of the month.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5. Please do not post comments in the entries thread. It is just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
*If you have a physical disability which prevents you from being able to set up your equipment, you may still post images in the contests. However, you must own the equipment.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:31 PM
Taken on two nights May 12 & 14, 2013 at a local dark sky site (Montebello OSP) N 37 19 32, W 122 10 44.
20 subs at 1200 seconds duration at 100 ISO for 6.7 hours of integration.
Telescope: Stellarvue SV4 with SSF6 flattener and IDAS LPS-P2 filter
Camera: Modified and cooled Pentax K10D DSLR
Guidescope: SV70ED with SSAG
Mount: Losmandy G11 with Gemini 2
Guided and Calibrated by Maxim DL
20 Darks (two sets of 10 to match the temperatures of different sessions), 40 Flats (20 for each session), 256 Bias
Stacked with DSS. Processed with PixInsight.
Would have liked to drive the background a bit lower, but this would have lost many of the faint galaxies.
Larger on Flickr
Larger on Astrobin
Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:55 PM
It is 36 subs of 300 seconds at ISO 800 with 60 darks, 20 flats, and 20 bias
Imaging scope: AT8IN
Imaging camera: Baader modded Canon T3
Guiding: Orion ST80 and SSAG
Mount: CGEM DX
Stacked with DSS and Processed with PS CS3
Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:10 PM
11"edge HD with .7x reducer.
20x300 at 800iso 20 darks.
Canon 60d not modded.
Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:23 PM
Imaging scope: Orion ST120
Camera: Orion Starshoot G3 color with Baader Semi-APO filter
Guide scope: ST80, SSAG driving PHD
Mount: CG-5 ASGT
Capture: Nebulosity 3
Subs: 59 (of 68) x300s, total 295 minutes integration over 3 nights (4/16, 4/27 and 5/14/13)
Processing: Neb3 (stacking), FITS Liberator (initial stretch), PS CS6
Thanks for looking, and clear skies!
Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:37 AM