May13 DSLR Challenge Submissions
Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:13 PM
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5.There will be a separate sticky thread for Contest entries . Please do not post comments in the entries thread its just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
The rules can/will be tweaked each month as we figure out how this can be made a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
Please remember to leave the submissions thread clear of everything but your wonderful pictures!
Thanks and Good luck to all!
Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:50 PM
Captured from my backyard in Celina, TX
Imaging scope: AT8RC
Reducer: AP CCDT67
Imaging camera: Canon 450d (modified)
Mount: CGEM DX
Guide scope: AT72ED
Guide camera: SSAG
40x300sec Lights (3.3 hours)
No Darks (dithered instead)
Captured with BackyardEOS
Processed with PixInsight
Higher res: http://www.astrobin.com/full/41757/D/?
Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:54 AM
Telescope: Officina Stellare Veloce RH200
Mount: Tak EM400 Temma2
Camera: Canon 60Da (unmodded) with a Sigma 2x Tele Extender
Filters: Lumincon LP filter
37 subs at 75s duration at ISO 3200
Dark and Bias Subtracted (no flats)
All processing in PixInsight
Shot from my backyard in Melbourne Florida
Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:35 AM
M64 Black eye galaxy
32 exposures, 5min @ ISO 1600 + 12 exposures, 1 min @ ISO 1600
Imaging scope = Celestron C8 xlt on the CGEM mount
Imaging cam = Canon 450D xsi full spectrum modded
Guide scope = Orion ED80
Guide cam = Meade DSI
Acquisition = Backyard EOS
Guided with PHD
Processed in PS CS5, Noels actions
Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:26 PM
Scope: AT6RC (1370mm) w/ AT2FF field flattener
Camera: Canon 350Da
Guide: SSAG, 50mm finder
Software: BackyardEOS, PHD, PixInsight
Calibration: 31 Darks, 17 Flats, 32 Flat-Darks
Exposure: 23x 600s (3h 50min) @ ISO1600
Date: May 9th 2013
Location: Gambier Island, BC, Canada
High resolution full frame found here
Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:26 AM