Thanks for trying to develop such innovative products for the astro community. I appreciate your intentions and spirit in this.
I have long wanted to enter the live video astronomy field but I was deterred by the price barrier (for a high quality product like the Malincam etc.).
However, that said, allow me to provide a few comments to help you and the entire astrocommunity turn this into a success story:
1) the first (at least for me) big problem is that anyone who is interested in one of your cameras must buy one and send it to you for modding and shipping back.
For anyone outside the US, this is a big no-no. If I have to buy a camera and have it shipped to me from the US (or China)to Israel, pay for the shipping, pay taxes and customs and VAT on it and then send it to you for modding and pay again shipping from US to Israel, pay again taxes, customs and VAT all over again. The whole concept sounds insane to me.
2) Even if someone will agree to go through the ordeal, do you guarantee that the modding (or at least the IR filter removal ) will be successful without destroying the CCD and voiding the warranty? (If not, there will be a third cycle of shipping back under warranty, taxes customs and VAT again..... You get what I mean). If you are confident in your modding sucess rate, why not sell entire package including a modded tested camera + your Electronics directly to the customer ?
3) To me it would appear that it makes much more sense to Buy an already moded and tested system (including the price of the Camera) Pay the Total cost for the entire package and get the whole thing in a working tested condition while paying shipping and customs only once.
4) I recognize the fact that changing this will force you to buy your own stock of cameras which for a small bussiness may not be very easy. However, You don't have to Buy hundreds of Cameras to proceed (10 cameras will be a start) and if demand skyrockets you can just regard this as a good bussiness practice to have a stock available to you at your own planning and timing.
5) While I am very interested in buying one of your cameras (Preferably a TEC cooled one), I will only do so If I can buy the entire Package including a modified guaranteed camera + controller + Focal reducer from you directly.
I don't mind paying in advance and waiting as long as needed for you to buy and modd the camera, but I will not go through the ordeal of shipping stuff back and forth unnecessarily and paying Taxes, customs and VAT twice.
6) I know you may be hesitant to pile up a stock of cameras but this is the only way it may work for me and for many other amateurs residing outside the US.
I also have a question : where do you source the F/1.8 reducers ?, I dont mean to steal your commercial secrets, but I need to know if such reducers will have acceptable optical quality otherwise what you gain in Camera performance may be lost due to inadequate optics.
I think a F/1.8 focal reducer of High quality is not trivial to make, so I think a few words about the optical specs and general source for such optics (no specific manufacturer name is needed but it would help to know were in the world the reducer is made).
And last but not least, as the proverb says a picture here will be worth a thousand words.
Some pictures taken with the cameras and reducer (with Full resolution) at your website may bring many customers sitting on the fence to a buying decision.
I wish you great success in the new venture ( I really like your technical solution for reducing the noise
If you ever intend to sell a ready made package I will be one of your first customers.
Send me a PM if this ever becomes possible