No replies to this topic

#1 cuivienor

cuivienor

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Tokyo, Japan

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hello,

Yesterday evening I used my iOptron CubePro on photo tripod for the first time with my VMC-110L. I have to say I was very impressed by the GoTo once the mount was very exactly leveled (I will add some leveling knobs to me DIY tripod setup, like for the MiniTowers).

Now the question I have: is there a way to reverse what the CubePro believes agree the Up and Down directions? When I first put on my OTA, I had put it naturally with the integrated diagonal and eyepiece facing upwards - when I did that however pressing the up button would slew down and vice versa. Of course GoTos would point the wrong end of the OTA to the desired object :)

I had to use the back port with a diagonal to solve the issue but have to say is something I don't like doing: I love the quick grab and go and compactness of my little OTA and adding a diagonal to that spoils the fun a bit. There is of course no way to place the dovetail attachment to the other size of the scope,nor is the integrated diagonal rotatable. So for my whole session I had my integrated eyepiece port pointing towards the ground :(

Anyone knows a way by which the CubePro's understanding of up and down can be reversed? It would just be extremely convenient for OTAs with integrated diagonals that cannot be rotated...

Thank you!

Yannick

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics