On the other hand, on my newton I still have to track manually which is PITA. No way I can track, observe and produce an accurate sketch at the eyepiece. The one below is just a (rather poor) color rendering I produced after the observation. I used crayon on regular xerox paper which was not really suitable, then smoothed it out with the blur tool in Gimp.
I spent a couple of hours at the telescope, between ca. 11:00pm and 1:00am (well half of this time was about tracking and re-centering). I tried a W58 green filter which did increase the contrast between the polar cap and the surrounding zone, but not enough to make up for the loss of light. I guess it would have been useful in a larger diameter though.
It was a wonderful vision, hard to leave it and go to bed...