CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Recombinant Processing

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 mmalik

mmalik

DSLR camera modifications

• Vendors
  • Loc: USA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

Most of us are used to using more than one program to process astro photos. Lately I have been dabbling in going a step further and trying multiple processing programs and dynamically switching among them to produce desired and at times not so desired results. Here I am referring to core programs like PixInsight, ImagesPlus, Photoshop, etc. and not just using minor utilities like HLVG, Carboni’s actions, etc. While we are on the subject, I would like to suggest that we coin the term “Recombinant Processing” for such methods which most of us may have already tried and/or could be thinking about and discuss merit of such an approach.

We all know each program has its core efficiencies and/or deficiencies that can be mitigated with such an approach. For example, I find HDR of PixInsight, HDR Pre-Stretch of ImagesPlus, and Levels, Curves & final touchup capabilities of Photoshop quit intriguing.

Then there are file compatibility issues, e.g., FIT format is not universal and varies from program to program and is NOT seamlessly transferable; one would need to explicitly tell which program FIT might have been created in before sharing [I am already starting to face this dilemma as I share practice FITs]. I have been using more established file format TIFF, especially 16 bit TIFF for program transitions and has seemed to work well for me.

So let’s have a discussion around such recombinant processing and its place in astrophotography. To kick off this discussion following are some recombinant processing approaches I have tried and their outcomes. This effort is NOT to knock any program out in favor of another, but is about finding optimal means of combining their capabilities for common good, finding strong traits of each program, avoiding duplicative processing tasks, finding logical transition points among programs, optimizing hops among programs, finding ways to convey the meaning when sharing FITs (i.e., which program it was created in), etc. Please feel free to post your results as you outline your recombinant techniques. Regards

Note: SAME image data was used for both scenarios.

First recombinant processing example and the result:

ImagesPlus:
1. SKIPPED---(OCNR) RAW File Processing & Calibration in ImagesPlus
1a. (ICNR) RAW File Conversion in ImagesPlus
2. Align TSR/Combine/Crop in ImagesPlus
3. Digital Development in ImagesPlus
4. Multi Point Flatten Background-Planar in ImagesPlus
5. Multiresolution Smooth/Sharpen in ImagesPlus
Saved as 16 bit TIFF for processing in PixInsight

PixInsight:
6. HDR Multiscale Transform [IMPORTANT]
7. ACDNR (Noise Reduction)
Saved as 16 bit TIFF for processing in ImagesPlus/Photoshop

ImagesPlus/Photoshop:
8. Geometric Transform/Scale [0.5] (ImagesPlus)
9. Smoothing & Noise Reduction (ImagesPlus)
10. ProDigital ‘Deep Space NR’ and HLVG (Photoshop)
11. Saturation (Block: 1 pass) and Noise Reduction (Photoshop)
12. Star Size & Halo Reduction, and Saturation (ImagesPlus)
13. Levels, Curves, Contrast, Brightness and Vibrance (Photoshop)
Saved as JPG for posting

Processing instructions here...

ImagesPlus CR_COMBINEFILESAVG.FIT for practice here...

Posted Image

Second recombinant processing example and the result:

PixInsight:
0. DSLR_RAW Format Preferences (ONE/FIRST time setting) [Linear data]
1. SKIPPED---Calibration [Linear data]
2. Batch Debayer [Linear data]
3. Alignment (Registration), Integration and Crop [Linear data]
4. DBE (Gradient Removal) [Linear data]
5. Background Neutralization [Linear data]
6. Color Calibration [Linear data]
7. SCNR (Noise Reduction) [Linear data]
8. SKIPPED---ATrous Wavelet Transform (Noise Reduction) [Linear data]

---Linear/NON-Linear demark---

9. Histogram Transformation
10.HDR Multiscale Transform [IMPORTANT]
11.SKIPPED---Local Histogram Equalization (Contrast) [Optional]
12.ACDNR (Noise Reduction)
13.SKIPPED---Curves Transformation (Saturation)
Saved as 16-bit unsigned TIFF for processing in ImagesPlus/Photoshop

ImagesPlus/Photoshop:
14. Geometric Transform/Scale [0.5] (ImagesPlus)
15. Smoothing & Noise Reduction (ImagesPlus)
16. ProDigital ‘Deep Space NR’ and HLVG (Photoshop)
17. Saturation (Block: 1 pass) and Noise Reduction (Photoshop)
18. Star Size & Halo Reduction, and Saturation (ImagesPlus)
19. Levels, Curves, Contrast, Brightness, and Vibrance (Photoshop)
Saved as JPG for posting

PixInsight CR_integration.fit for practice here...

Posted Image

#2 mmalik

mmalik

• Vendors

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Of the two recombinant approaches, following seems to work better for me for most DSOs. Note: I have moved geometric transform further down the list. Thx

ImagesPlus:
1. RAW File Processing/Calibration
2. Align TSR/Combine/Crop
3. Digital Development
4. Multi Point Flatten Background-Planar
5. Multiresolution Smooth/Sharpen
Save as 16 bit TIFF for processing in PixInsight

PixInsight:
6. HDR Multiscale Transform
7. ACDNR (Noise Reduction)
Save as 16 bit TIFF for processing in ImagesPlus/Photoshop

ImagesPlus/Photoshop:
8. Smoothing & Noise Reduction (ImagesPlus)
9. ProDigital (Carboni) ‘Deep Space NR’ and HLVG (Photoshop)
10. Saturation (Block: 1 pass) and Noise Reduction (Photoshop)
11. Levels and Curves (Photoshop)
12. Geometric Transform/Scale [0.5] (ImagesPlus)
13. Star Size & Halo Reduction, and Saturation (ImagesPlus)
14. Contrast, Brightness, Vibrance, and Color Balance (Photoshop)
Save as JPG for posting

Processing instructions here...

#3 pfile

pfile

Gemini

• -----

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

is this anything like "Agile Imaging"?

why buy 3 tools when you can accomplish everything in a single tool? not everyone has several hundred dollars to throw at software for practically no reason.

#4 CounterWeight

CounterWeight

Cosmos

• Loc: Palo alto, CA.

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Mike - I find MaxImDL pro does everything I need pretty well, mainly just mentioning the program here is all I wanted to do. That and Paint Shop Pro for any final tweaking.

#5 mmalik

mmalik

• Vendors

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

My experimentation with numerous 'Recombinant Processing' permutations tells me that it is mainly the pre-stretch, especially the program/utility you use to pre-stretch [including color decompression], that sets the tone how an image might look like in the end regardless of all the other post processing idiosyncrasies. There are subtleties imparted by debayering, calibration, order of processing, etc. but I feel pre-stretch tool has most to do with the final feel and look of an image.

Following are some examples (1 through 4) I'll let you ponder as to which one might be optimal/desired one and/or which pre-stretch utility might have created 'em. I'll go into the recombinant order used to create each image later, but feel free to share your comments/guesses/thoughts in the meantime.

I am curious to know which of the color schemes you might fancy before finding out how it was created and/or which program created it? Please refer to image # if you respond. Regards

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   108.65KB   9 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   81.51KB   7 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   83.26KB   7 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   89.29KB   6 downloads

#6 G. Hatfield

G. Hatfield

Viking 1

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:39 AM

I like the first one best.... Hallas RGB?  But I don't like the star color in any of them.   

George

#7 mmalik

mmalik

• Vendors

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:49 AM

You got it Georgy :); first one 'is' ACR... pre-stretch. ACR color may NOT be the whole story, will elaborate soon. Regards

#8 G. Hatfield

G. Hatfield

Viking 1

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:28 AM

I got the same red with my 6D and the Hallas processing method.

http://www.geoandpat...2_bubble_h3.jpg

When I processed this image using PixInsight calibration and debayering, I got the same "port wine" color for the nebula.

I went back and read your first post on this thread on "recontaminate processing."   I've been using this approach for years..... using the best each program has to offer (IMHO!) and switching between Camera RAW, Registar, PixInsight, CCDStack and Photoshop CC. When I first read this term I thought you were referring to using RGB from one process and then using a luminance from another.  I've used this method on a couple of images (RGB from Hallas and Luminance from PI) and still think it has potential.  The critical step in that process is the ddp of the two images before taking them into Photoshop to combine them as an LRGB image.  The rational is to get the color from Hallas and the detail from a more traditional processing approach.

George

Edited by G. Hatfield, 04 June 2015 - 10:39 AM.

#9 mmalik

mmalik

• Vendors

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

I went back and read your first post on this thread on "recombinant processing."   I've been using this approach for years..... using the best each program has to offer (IMHO!) and switching between Camera RAW, Registar, PixInsight, CCDStack and Photoshop CC. When I first read this term I thought you were referring to using RGB from one process and then using a luminance from another.  I've used this method on a couple of images (RGB from Hallas and Luminance from PI) and still think it has potential.  The critical step in that process is the ddp of the two images before taking them into Photoshop to combine them as an LRGB image.  The rational is to get the color from Hallas and the detail from a more traditional processing approach.

Yes George, you have summed up the essence of 'Recombinant Processing' quite well; I am basically trying to give it a name, formalize & streamline it, and come up with an optimal/well-tested way to switch between programs that is repeatable by anyone.

Recombinant processing will have quite a few permutations given various combinations that are possible, ACR pre-stretch being one of them, but there are 'other' routines that I am going to elaborate on—the idea behind posting 4 examples above.

Last but not least, 'Recombinant processing' can be molded based on which combination of programs one might have or NOT have, again with bit more formalized recourses [will elaborate in due time]. Regards

Edited by mmalik, 04 June 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#10 mmalik

mmalik

• Vendors

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

While Georgy has guessed the first one, any takers of the 2, 3, and 4? Will get into the details of each approach soon. Regards

Edited by mmalik, 04 June 2015 - 01:02 PM.

#11 G. Hatfield

G. Hatfield

Viking 1

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

When I think of the term recombinant, I think of recombinant DNA which refers to DNA which has been altered by joining genetic material from two different sources.  In terms of processing, a recombinant image would be one composed from two or more sources.  A good example is blending in Ha data with RGB data.  Or my example of Hallas RGB and PI luminance.  For your process, where you are using different tools to processing an image, a better term might be "polysoftware processing."  LOL!

George

Edited by G. Hatfield, 04 June 2015 - 08:41 PM.

#12 mmalik

mmalik

• Vendors

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:15 PM

http://www.geoandpat...2_bubble_h3.jpg

When I processed this image using PixInsight calibration and debayering, I got the same "port wine" color for the nebula.

All, as I mentioned above..., what one uses for pre-stretch is going to impart some kind of color scheme unique to that tool. So here is the answer to the 4 quizzes above in light of the resultant color:

1. Frist image, as guessed correctly by George, was the result of pre-stretch by Adobe Camera RAW (ACR...); in most cases image is going to look pinkish or "port wine" kind with ACR

2. Second image was pre-stretched by ImagesPlus's DDP stretch; in most cases image is going to look normal or reddish with DDP (open to suggestions what to call this look?)

3. Third image was pre-stretched by PixInsight's Histogram Transformation; in most cases image is going to look bit rusty, what I refer to as "rustic", with such a stretch

4. Fourth image was also pre-stretched by PixInsight's Histogram Transformation with somewhat similar result as #3... "rustic". Note: There were some 'other' subtleties in processing the fourth image that I am going to elaborate one in coming posts but they didn't change the hall-mark look of the stretch

While the kind of color you might get with each of the pre-stretches is good to know, knowing the details & intricacies of each recombinant approach is the main goal here. In short, knowing which recombinant path produces what kind of color has its value.

Besides color, there is noise and other aspects that I am going to elaborate on with each recombinant permutation using those 4 images as examples. Regards

Edited by mmalik, 05 June 2015 - 09:54 AM.

#13 Tonk

Tonk

Cosmos

• Loc: Leeds, UK, 54N

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

#2 has the best and most natural Ha colour IMO. Tending to a purer red - tops!

#1 has over emphasised some blue component in the Ha region that should be squeezed back into its box and the box lid padlocked shut :lol:.

#3,4 appears to have a small over emphasis of green in the Ha regions (shifts the colour slightly orange)

I'll point out that is not *just* the pre-stretch that is responsible for colour shifts but the weights given to each colour channel during white balance correction - i.e. as determined by the "set" or "guessed" WB applied during the Debayer step. The two processes go together in determining the final colour shift.

I'll give a subtle example - maybe familiar to DSS users whose DSLR camera was set in AWB mode ....

If you have a series of DSLR lights taken (with Auto WB set) which have encroached into deep twilight then the background colour shifts across the sets of lights - the deep twilight frames are blue shifted while the deep night ones are influenced by your prevailing light pollution colour (or for the lucky few - the natural sky glow colour). Now create two stacks from the same data set - picking a different reference frame for each of the two stacks - one from the deep twilight period - one from the deep night frames. Now do exactly the same pre-stretch of the two resultant stacked images and you will find a rather pronounced shift in colour between them - the twilight referenced  one has blue over-emphasis.

DSS has chosen not only to align to the reference frame but balance the colours to the reference frame. You may need to check what your favoured stacking program is doing with the colour data! 

Edited by Tonk, 05 June 2015 - 04:38 AM.

#14 G. Hatfield

G. Hatfield

Viking 1

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:33 AM

Tonk....  I think you are right, it is a color balancing process in Camera Raw that gives this color (#1 vs #4).  This was discussed at length in another tread which included a discussion of using IRIS to stretch (asinh) the image.  But the IRIS process also included a color balancing step (rgbbalance) which mulitplied the R by 1.5, Green by 1 and Blue by 2.0.  The color produced was quite nice IMHO, but I think it was the latter command that was largely responsible for it.  The asinh stretch was also important since it didn't overly brighten the image and thus wash out the color.  I suspect the color produced by Camera Raw is due to similar processes which unfortunately one does not have much control over.  

George

P.S.  When I use the term "port wine" to describe the color, I am thinking tawny port....more orange than red.  I need to find a better term!

Edited by G. Hatfield, 05 June 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#15 mmalik

mmalik

• Vendors

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:06 AM

1. Frist image, as guessed correctly by George, was the result of pre-stretch by Adobe Camera RAW (ACR...)

I am going to outline recombinant paths for each of the 4 examples above, one at a time, in an effort to formalize various recombinant permutations one could follow:

Recombinant Processing (First Image)

ACR:
1. Verify or adjust 'Color Space' [sRGB] and 'Depth' [16 Bits/Channel]
2. RAWs saved as TIFFs (16 bit is the default)
[Note: No other adjustments were made in this case given decent acquisition data; you may make necessary corrections as needed]

PixInsight:
3. Star Alignment
4. Image Integration
5. Dynamic Crop
[Note: This file is available for download, link at the bottom]
6. Histogram Transformation
Save as 32 bit TIFF
[Note: OK to use 32 bit while in 32 bit realm of PixInsight and ImagesPlus, revert back to 16 bit when going back to Photoshop!]

ImagesPlus:
7. Multi Point Flatten Background
8. Multi Resolution Smooth/Sharpen
[Note: I often use this to very conservatively sharpen by defining a 'Min Apply' parameter while reserving smoothing for later, as outlined below]
Save as 32 bit TIFF

PixInsight:
9. HDR Multi-scale Transform
10. ACDNR
Save as 32 bit TIFF

ImagesPlus:
11. Standard Smoothing and Noise Reduction
[Note: I often use this to very conservatively smooth by defining a 'Max Apply' parameter with a 'Selected Neighborhood' and a small 'Feather Range'; 'Min Apply' above and 'Max Apply' here make sure sharpening and smoothing happen on completely different parts of the image, i.e., high-signal and low-signal/background, respectively]
Save as 16 bit TIFF
[Note: 16 bit is needed to go back to Photoshop]

Photoshop:
12. ProDigital ‘Deep Space NR’
13. HLVG (Weak)
14. Saturation (Block: 1 pass)
15. Noise Reduction
16. Levels (Conservative)
Save as 16 bit TIFF

ImagesPlus:
17. Star Size, Halo, Shape Reduction
18. Saturation (Skipped...)
Save as 16 bit TIFF

Photoshop:
19. Levels (Final pass)
20. Brightness/Contrast (Conservative)
21. Saturation (Conservative)
22. Color Balance
Save as 16 bit TIFF and 12/Maximum JPG

Microsoft Picture Manager
23. Compress JPG for posting [Documents]

Please refer to instructions doc (link in the signature) for details of each step.

IMPORTANT: Above recombinant path is being provided in its original flow to show you exactly what was done to this particular image; your granular steps and results may vary based on what software components you might have and the quality/nature of your acquisition data, respectively. This outline should give you a working methodology as to completely process an image that was pre-stretched with ACR.

Un-processed/Combined TIFF (1-ACR.tif) of the image can be downloaded here... for practice; final result below:

Attached Files

Edited by mmalik, 07 June 2015 - 11:08 PM.

#16 Tonk

Tonk

Cosmos

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:15 AM

The ACR route will be using the white balance setting of your camera (recorded in the RAW) to guide its colour processing. What happens if you take a series of images trying each white balance option on your camera? What happens if the camera is set in AWB mode? Can you pick another WB setting in the software to override the camera setting??

#17 G. Hatfield

G. Hatfield

Viking 1

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

I use a custom white balance in my modified 6D (used a gray card).  You can change the WB in CR, but in my experience it does not help in processing.  See the attached.  Normally I stick with "as shot."

George

Attached Files

#18 mmalik

mmalik

• Vendors

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:14 PM

2. Second image was pre-stretched by ImagesPlus's DDP stretch

Recombinant Processing (Second Image)

ImagesPlus:
1. Automatic Image Set Processing (with Align & Combine)
[Note: Separate runs per each imaging session/equipment using the default 'Min Max Excluded Average']
2. Align Files (using 32 bit FIT output from each of #1 runs)
[Note: This Align is separate from #1 Align]
3. Combine Files (using 32 bit FIT output from #2 using 'Average')
[Note: This combine is separate from #1 Combine]
4. Crop
5. Digital Development (DDP)
6. Multi Point Flatten Background
7. Multi Resolution Smooth/Sharpen
[Note: I often use this to very conservatively sharpen by defining a 'Min Apply' parameter while reserving smoothing for later, as outlined below]
Save as 32 bit TIFF

PixInsight:
8. HDR Multi-scale Transform
9. ACDNR
Save as 32 bit TIFF

ImagesPlus:
10. Standard Smoothing and Noise Reduction
[Note: I often use this to very conservatively smooth by defining a 'Max Apply' parameter with a 'Selected Neighborhood' and a small 'Feather Range'; 'Min Apply' above and 'Max Apply' here make sure sharpening and smoothing happen on completely different parts of the image, i.e., high-signal and low-signal/background, respectively]
Save as 16 bit TIFF
[Note: 16 bit is needed to go to Photoshop]

Photoshop:
11. ProDigital ‘Deep Space NR’
12. HLVG (Weak)
13. Saturation (Block: 1 pass)
14. Noise Reduction
15. Levels (Conservative)
Save as 16 bit TIFF

ImagesPlus:
16. Star Size, Halo, Shape Reduction
17. Saturation (Conservative)
Save as 16 bit TIFF

Photoshop:
18. Levels (Final pass)
19. Brightness/Contrast (Conservative)
20. Saturation (Conservative)
21. Color Balance

22. Compress JPG for posting [Documents]

Please refer to instructions doc (link in the signature) for details of each step.

IMPORTANT: Above recombinant path is being provided in its original flow to show you exactly what was done to this particular image; your granular steps and results may vary based on what software components you might have and the quality/nature of your acquisition data, respectively. This outline should give you a working methodology as to completely process an image that was pre-stretched with DDP.

Un-processed/Combined FIT (2-IP.fit) [Note: This is a FIT compared to usual TIFF] of the image can be downloaded here... for practice; final result below:

Attached Files

Edited by mmalik, 07 June 2015 - 11:08 PM.

#19 mmalik

mmalik

• Vendors

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:01 PM

3. Third image was pre-stretched by PixInsight's Histogram Transformation

Recombinant Processing (Third Image)

ImagesPlus:
[Note: Separate runs per each imaging session/equipment using the default 'Min Max Excluded Average']
2. Align Files (using 32 bit FIT output from each of #1 runs)
[Note: This Align is separate from #1 Align]
3. Combine Files (using 32 bit FIT output from #2 using 'Average')
[Note: This combine is separate from #1 Combine]
4. Crop
Save as 32 bit TIFF [Note: This file is available for download, link at the bottom]

PixInsight:
5. Histogram Transformation
Save as 32 bit TIFF

ImagesPlus:
Save as 32 bit TIFF

PixInsight:
9. ACDNR
Save as 32 bit TIFF

ImagesPlus:
[Note: I often use this to very conservatively smooth by defining a 'Max Apply' parameter with a 'Selected Neighborhood' and a small 'Feather Range'; 'Min Apply' above and 'Max Apply' here make sure sharpening and smoothing happen on completely different parts of the image, i.e., high-signal and low-signal/background, respectively]
Save as 16 bit TIFF

Photoshop:
12. HLVG (Weak)
14. Noise Reduction
Save as 16 bit TIFF

ImagesPlus:
Save as 16 bit TIFF

Photoshop:
18. Levels (Final pass)
21. Color Balance

Please refer to instructions doc (link in the signature) for details of each step.

IMPORTANT: Above recombinant path is being provided in its original flow to show you exactly what was done to this particular image; your granular steps and results may vary based on what software components you might have and the quality/nature of your acquisition data, respectively. This outline should give you a working methodology as to completely process an image that was pre-stretched with Histogram Transformation.

Un-processed/Combined TIFF (3-Pix.tif) of the image can be downloaded here... for practice; final result below:

Attached Files

Edited by mmalik, 07 June 2015 - 11:22 PM.

#20 mmalik

mmalik

• Vendors

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:26 PM

4. Fourth image was also pre-stretched by PixInsight's Histogram Transformation

Note: There were some 'other' subtleties in processing the fourth image that I am going to elaborate on...

Recombinant Processing (Fourth Image)

ImagesPlus:

Save as 32 bit FITs as 32bit TIFFs as well

PixInsight:
2. Star Alignment (using 32 bit TIFFs output from each of #1 runs)

[Note: This Alignment is separate from #1 Align]

Save as PixInsight default _r.fit
3. Image Integration

[Note: This Integration is separate from #1 Combine]

Save as 32 bit TIFF
4. Dynamic Crop
5. Histogram Transformation
Save as 32 bit TIFF

ImagesPlus:
Save as 32 bit TIFF

PixInsight:
9. ACDNR
Save as 32 bit TIFF

ImagesPlus:
Save as 16 bit TIFF

Photoshop:
12. HLVG (Weak)
14. Noise Reduction
Save as 16 bit TIFF

ImagesPlus:
Save as 16 bit TIFF

Photoshop:
18. Levels (Final pass)
21. Color Balance

IMPORTANT: Above recombinant path is being provided in its original flow to show you exactly what was done to this particular image; your granular steps and results may vary based on what software components you might have and the quality/nature of your acquisition data, respectively. This outline should give you a working methodology as to completely process an image that was pre-stretched with Histogram Transformation.

Un-processed/Combined TIFF (4-Pix.tif) of the image can be downloaded here... for practice; final result below:

Attached Files

Edited by mmalik, 07 June 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#21 mmalik

mmalik

• Vendors

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:30 PM

Besides color, there is noise and other aspects that I am going to elaborate on with each recombinant permutation using those 4 images as examples.

Here is noise comparison in the final images at 200% zoom of the highest resolution JPGs.

Note: Ignore the scale of the images since that's how final images got rendered per Recombinant Processing steps outlined above!

1. ACR - The noisiest

2. DDP - The cleanest

3. Histogram Transformation - Intermediary results

4. Histogram Transformation - Somewhat clean

Attached Files

Edited by mmalik, 08 June 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#22 Tonk

Tonk

Cosmos

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

Interesting results. I adopted IP's DDP 10 years ago. I occasionally try something else but still find DDP gives the smoothest route to the final image in conjunction with kappa-sigma stacking

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics