Fun With Registax/NexImage5!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Crow Haven

Crow Haven

Apollo

• Loc: Oregon USA

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

This doesn't fit in the regular imaging forums so I'll post it here. I received a NexImage5 planetary camera today and wanted to just check out it's functions and experiment also with the included video processing software included - Registax6 - which I've never used before. I stuck the webcam on the ST80 achro and aimed it in all its CA purpleness through a window at some fir trees waving in the 20 mph wind. Good news is the camera works great and so does the software! Since I didn't have an astro subject to use for testing I sort of created one as I discovered some interesting effects can be had using Registax on 10 frames of waving tree branches. Using it's stacking and wavelets I got an image looking like a loose chalk drawing which I then added a drawn-in crow, moon, and star to. :D It may not be "art" or astro-imaging but it was fun!
---Maya

Attached Files

#2 rick rian  Happy Birthday!

rick rian

Seeker of Truth(s)

• Loc: Upper Mid West

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

I like the image, Maya, it could be an illustration for a children's book - "The Raven and the Moon" maybe? :)

#3 Crow Haven

Crow Haven

Apollo

• Loc: Oregon USA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

:grin: Thanks Rick!
The Pacific NW tribes have many legends of Raven. There's one in which Raven brings the Moon and stars to the sky. :grin:

Ravens and crows always fascinate me. There are several near my observatory and I enjoy their flying acrobatics and antics.

Btw, for all who may be interested in these birds, I just received a great book titled, "Gifts of the Crow -- How Perception, Emotion, and Thought Allow Smart Birds to Behave Like Humans" by researcher/scientist John Marzluff, and wonderfully illustrated by Tony Angell. It's full of amazing incidents of crow behavior...they share with us "language, delinquency, frolic, passion, wrath, risk taking, and awareness." I've witnessed these in those I've known as well.
---Maya

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics