• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Kodama

Dave Kodama

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: CA, USA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

Although I have taken other film shots this year, this is the first one I've finally processed and uploaded:

http://www.astrocame.../0608a/8-12.htm

The original panorama ended up nearly 17,000 pixels wide, so I reduced it to 8K pixels in width and am expermenting with using Google's map display code to allow zooming and panning into the image.

The shot was created from four 20-minute 6x9 shots on Kodak E200 (+3 push) using a Borg 5" f/2.8 astrograph.

Dave Kodama

#2 Michal1

Michal1

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Czech Republic, Central Europe

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

Glad to see Dave Kodama is still doing astrophotography! Very nice image. I'm looking forward to see the others. The photo is quite deep. What Bortle class do you have at your observatory? Did you use your Mitsuboshi vacuum camera?

#3 Dave Kodama

Dave Kodama

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Thanks Michal. Yes, the shot was done with my Mitsuboshi vacuum camera. I've never calculated the Bortle class for my location, but I don't think it's very good normally. For this evening, I waited till Cygnus was high overhead, and I think coastal fog rolled in over the cities normally adding to light pollution, and finally, a neighbor with an extremely bright outdoor light must have finally gone to sleep. A lot of things have to come together to get a decent photo these days...

Dave

#4 vandkc

vandkc

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Really a gorgeous image, Dave. I particularly love how the emission nebulae look very natural and not overbearing. Did you catch a small meteor near the Pelican nebula or is that somthing else? Thanks for sharing this!

#5 Dave Kodama

Dave Kodama

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Thanks. Yes, that's a meteor. It must have been a very bright one to show up on a film shot. At first I thought it might have been a satellite, but I think not because the exposure was done so late at night (around 1:30am).

Dave

#6 THEPLOUGH

THEPLOUGH

ELEVEN Grandchildren; FIVE Ducklings

• Loc: Carlisle, Cumbria, ENGLAND

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

What a great shot... :bow:

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics