June 13 Wide Field Challenge Submissions
Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:58 AM
Post your entries here.
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest. Entries must be made prior midnight of the last day of the month.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5. Please do not post comments in the entries thread. It is just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
*If you have a physical disability which prevents you from being able to set up your equipment, you may still post images in the contests. However, you must own the equipment.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:42 PM
Taken By Maxx Brodeur ,Granby ,Québec ,Canada , June 3 2013
Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:26 PM
Imaging scope: AT65EDQ
Imaging camera: Baader UV/IR Gary Honis modified Canon T3
Guiding: Orion ST80 with Orion SSAG with PHD
Mount: Celestron CGEM DX
Stacked with DeepSkyStacker and Processed with Photoshop CS3
Full resolution image can be seen here
Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:47 AM
Imaging scope - AT65EDQ
Imaging camera - Canon XSi Modified
Mount - CGEM (self hypertuned)
Guiding - ST80 and SSAG
Capture - BYEOS
Stacked in DSS, processed in PS-CS3
Consists of 41 frames of 300 sec for total of 3hrs, 25min.
Darks, flats and Bias subtracted.
Higher resolution here
Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:56 PM