June 13 Beginning DSO Challenge Submissions
Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:01 PM
Post your entries here.
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest. Entries must be made prior midnight of the last day of the month.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5. Please do not post comments in the entries thread. It is just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
*If you have a physical disability which prevents you from being able to set up your equipment, you may still post images in the contests. However, you must own the equipment.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:03 PM
Attachments: 3.3 Focal Reducer.
Camera / Exposure: Meade DSI-2c, 15 x 2min
Capture software: Envisage
Processing: RegiStax, Gimp
Guiding: Meade DSI-1c on a 9 x 50 Finder with PHD
Date / Time: 2013-06-03, 3:31am - 4:00am
Location: My driveway in Brookings, SD - a red/orange zone.
Full-size image link: http://www.flickr.co...erp/9031293122/
Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:36 AM
Camera: Starshoot Deep Space G3 Color
Guiding: SSAG on ST80 driving PHD
Capture: Nebulosity 3
Date: 11 Jun 2013
Location: backyard suburban orange zone.
Frames: 15X300s, 15 darks, 19 flats, 19 flat darks, 80 bias
Processing: Nebulosity 3(pre-process and stack); FITS Liberator (initial stretch), PS CS6
Thanks for looking!
Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:47 PM
Mount: Celestron AVX
Camera: Canon T3i (unmodded)
Filters: Baader Sky Glow
Correctors: Baader MPCC III
Guiding: QHY5L-II/Orion Mini/PHD
Capture: Backyard EOS
Date: June 17, 2013
Location: backyard - red/white zone
Frames: 17 X 60s, 15 darks, 15 flats, 15 dark flats
Full Size Image
Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:24 AM
Imaging Scope: William Optics Zenithstar 66SD
Mount: CG-5 AGT
Camera: Canon Rebel XT (350D) unmodified
Date: 15 Jun 2013
Location: backyard suburban red zone.
Frames: 28x90s lights, 21 darks, 10 flats, 40 bias
Processing: DeepSkyStacker 3.3.2, Photoshop CS6 w/ GradientXTerminator plug in and Carboni's Actions V1.6
Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:18 AM
Imaging scope - C8 with 6.3 Focal Reducer.
Imaging camera - Canon XSi Modified
Mount - CGEM (self hypertuned)
Guiding - ST80 and SSAG
Capture - BYEOS
Stacked in DSS, processed in PS-CS3
Consists of 3 frames of 300 sec for total of 15min. (Shot 7 but 4 were discarded due to high winds that night).
Darks, flats and Bias subtracted.
Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:55 PM
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i - Baader Mod
Guiding: ST80 / SSAG
Date: Jun 27, 28 2013
Location: My driveway (at edge of red/orange zone)
Frames: 16x180s lights, 20 darks, 19 flats, 50 bias
Processing: Nebulosity 3, Photoshop CS3 w/ GradientXTerminator plug in and Astronomy Tools 1.6
Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:55 PM