June 13 Intermediate DSO Challenge Submissions
Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:02 PM
Post your entries here.
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest. Entries must be made prior midnight of the last day of the month.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5. Please do not post comments in the entries thread. It is just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
*If you have a physical disability which prevents you from being able to set up your equipment, you may still post images in the contests. However, you must own the equipment.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:25 AM
Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:08 PM
Total Integration: 215 mins (3 hrs 35 mins)
Details, Equipment, & Software:
Telescope: Astro-Tech AT6RC w/ AT2FF (FL1370mm f/9)
Camera: Canon T3i (Full Spectrum, Gary Honis modified)
Filter: Astronomik CLS-CCD clip in
Mount: Orion Atlas EQ-G
Guide: Orion ST80 w/ SSAG
Capture: Backyard EOS (43x300s light / darks / flats / dark flats)
Stacking: Nebulosity 3
Final Processing: StarTools & Photoshop CS5
M57 - Ring Nebula on Flickr
Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:56 PM
Imaging scope - C8 at 2000mm FL
Imaging camera - Canon XSi Modified
Mount - CGEM (self hypertuned)
Guiding - ST80 and SSAG
Capture - BYEOS
Stacked in DSS, processed in PS-CS3
Consists of 7 frames of 480 sec for total of 56min.
Darks, flats and Bias subtracted.
Wind was a challenge with the long FL.
Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:53 AM
Imaging scope: 10" Meade SCT at f/10
Imaging camera: Modified Canon T3
Guide scope: Orion ST80
Guide camera: Orion SSAG
Mount: CGEM DX
Captured with BackYardEOS, Stacked with DSS, processed with Photoshop CS3 and StarTools.
Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:54 AM
Total Integration: 295 mins (4 hrs 55 mins)
Exposures: luminance 23 x 5 min.; RGB 4 x 15 min. each at -10 deg. C binned 2x2
Darks: 31 x 5 min. and 27 x 15 min.
Telescope: Celestron C8 operating at f/6.0 (1224 mm) with focal reducer.
Camera: Atik 383L+ mono with EFW2 filter wheel
Filters: Baader Planetarium LRGB
Mount: Celestron CGEM hypertuned
Guiding equipment: Orion SSAG and Stark Labs Ph.D. with Innovations Foresight ONAG
Capture: Artemis Capture
Stacking: Deep Sky Stacker
Processing: ImageJ, IRIS, and IrfanView
Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:31 PM
First light on my recently acquired AT8IN and CGEM
Managed to get 15X180s (45min) last night before the moon and the sky fog (FL in the summer - yech) ended the session.
Stock Canon T3
Baader MPCC-II with Orion SkyGlow Imaging filter
19 darks, 19 flats, 19 dark flats, ~60 bias
Process: Nebulosity 3 (stacking) and PS CS6
Full resolution available here: https://dl.dropboxus...57-20130627.tif
Thanks for looking, and clear skies
Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:02 AM
Telescope: Celestron EdgeHD 800
Camera: ATIK 314E w/ EFW2 filter wheel
Mount: Losmandy G11 w/ OPWB
Guiding: StarlightXpress Lodestar w/ ATIK OAG
Integration: 8x600s w/ Astrodon Luminance Filter
Calibration: 50 flats, 2k bias, no darks (bad pixel map)
Software: Sequence Generator Pro, PHD Guiding, PixInsight
Full version here:
Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:56 PM