June 13 DSLR Challenge Submissions!
Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:15 PM
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5.Please do not post comments in the entries thread its just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
The rules can/will be tweaked each month as we figure out how this can be made a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
Thanks and Good luck to all!
Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:21 PM
High Resolution Version and more image information available at http://www.astronome...php?c=113&p=504.
This image was made from a stack of 206 x 5 minute subs at ISO 1600 captured with a Gary Honis modified Canon 450D (Baader Mod) through an orange tube Celestron C-8 using a Celestron focal reducer at f/5.8 (1160mm). Guiding was with an ONAG On-axis guider, Lodestar autoguider, and Phd Guiding.
Thanks for looking!
Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:02 PM
Taken June 6th, 2013 at the Pixieland Goldendale Star Party.
Scope - Orange Tube C8 w/ 6.3 focal reducer
Mount - CGEM (self hypertuned)
Camera - Canon XSi modified
Guiding - ST80 and SSAG
Capture - BYEOS
Stacking - Deep Sky Stacker
Processing - PS-SC3
Image consists of 10 frames at 8 minutes ea, for total of 1 hr, 20 minutes. Darks, flats, bias subtracted.
Higher res image - here
Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:49 PM