CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Bolt size to attach Rob Miller tripod to levelers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ebeyonder

ebeyonder

Mariner 2

• Loc: Singapore

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

Hi all,

I have the Rob Miller tripod Tri36L and the regular levellers (the one on the left).

Posted Image

I was wondering if anyone knows the exact bolt size to attach the levellers to the tripod legs? There are 4 for each of the three levellers.

Thanks!

#2 M13 Observer

M13 Observer

Apollo

• -----

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hi all,

I have the Rob Miller tripod Tri36L and the regular levellers (the one on the left).

Posted Image

I was wondering if anyone knows the exact bolt size to attach the levellers to the tripod legs? There are 4 for each of the three levellers.

Thanks!

OK, so how did you manage to get the levelers without the bolts to attach them?

Bottom line is that you have 4 perfectly good bolts to figure it out with screwed into the bottom of each footpad in the TRI36L. Take one out, figure out what it is (probably 10-32) and add 1/4 inch to the length.

#3 M13 Observer

M13 Observer

Apollo

• -----

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Yep, that's it, 10-32 x 3/4". Both sets of levelers were supplied with and installed with a 1/16" thick washer on each bolt in that pic. If you can get 10-32 x 5/8" without a washer they would probably be really close to perfect.

#4 ebeyonder

ebeyonder

Mariner 2

• Loc: Singapore

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Thanks. I had taken the bolts out and lost them all. Now I want to reattach everything. I will try the size you suggested. Thanks very much!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics