• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Greybush

Mr Greybush

Viking 1

• Moderators
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

My new mount for my 8" will be here tomorrow so I picked up a dovetail bar yesterday. This wasn't hard but I wanted to make sure I did it right. Since this is an older model SCT I'm limited to 2 areas to mount it. The dovetail I used was manufacured by Farpoint. I followed the directions but ran into one problem. the thick spacer appeared to wide thus making the bar unlevel. I used some washers to recover from this. Did I do this right?? :question:

#2 Geo.

Geo.

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Assuming you are discussing the C8 it's fairly easy. If the side that goes to the scope isn't cut down at one end then it probably doesn't matter which end goes where. The rear end should have a radius block with a threaded hole in the center and two through holes on the ends. The through holes should be about 1.75" apart O.C. The front should have a radius block or spacer with a hole large enough for a #10 screw to slip through and that fits between the bar and the scope to maintain the bar parallel with the center axis of the scope.

Attached Files

#3 Mr Greybush

Mr Greybush

Viking 1

• Moderators
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

OK George the bar didn't come with a second like the one you show. I'll have to call them and see if they can fix this for me. Thanks it answered my question

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics