Photo

Handset nor Nexremote sync with other programs?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 James Cunningham

James Cunningham

Gemini

• Loc: Maryland

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

Although I no longer have my 8 inch scope, this forum is more active than the Nextar GPS forum so here goes. I own a Cellestron 11 inch SCT on an alt/az mount. Once I get a good alignment, it slews to any object that I choose with either the handset or Nexremote. However, when I connect to SkySafari for my Ipad, Astroplanner, Skytools3, Stellarium of Cartes du Ciel, it NEVER slews to the exact same place as Nexremote or my handset. I thought that my scope was out of balance but it is balanced. I test it with Polaris. I get a good alignment and slew to Polaris and have Polaris centered. I then connect to any of the above mentioned programs and even while on Polaris, I slew to Polaris again and Polaris is usually within the FOV but it is never centered. It will be quite a bit off. I have tried this with each of the programs and its the same thing. What could be wrong. Some of the programs ask whether to use J2000 or Jnow. I always choose Jnow. I use the GPS of my scope to put in my home coordinates in each of the programs. I am baffled.

#2 cn register 5

cn register 5

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

Look at the Ra and Dec positions that the objects are at when you slew to them
using the HC and the scope control programs. It's available through the menu on
the HC.

You will probably find that the positions are different and that this accounts
for the differences you are seeing.

As for why they are different, that depends. What HC version are you using?

Chris

#3 James Cunningham

James Cunningham

Gemini

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

I am using the latest version of the handset and the latest version of Nexremote.

#4 Arctic_Eddie

Arctic_Eddie

Soyuz

• Loc: St. Petersburg, FL

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

According to this article, the CPC uses J2000. Try that so both scope and skychart program use the same database.

http://www.cloudynig...hp?item_id=2767

#5 James Cunningham

James Cunningham

Gemini

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

I sent an e-mail to Celestron about 3 months ago and asked them about this. They now use Jnow.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics