Mach1 Remesh

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 orlyandico

orlyandico

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Singapore

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Mine is either 5" or 7" depending on whether it's east heavy or west heavy. In both cases PEM knocks it down below 1". I don't think AndreyYa would have any trouble whatsoever at 1200mm.. that's the reason people buy these mounts, so you don't worry about pedestrian concerns like these :D :D :D

#27 AndreyYa

AndreyYa

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Sunnyvale, CA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Thank you Orlyandico.
:) Last session demonstrated that DEC problems disappear when I'll do less precise Polar Alignment.

#28 Scott99

Scott99

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: New England

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Really, anyone with an issue concerning an A-P mount, especially a new one, should call A-P. Part of the reason you paid all that money for Astro-Physics is their exemplary customer service. Use it! As for the DEC gear mesh, in 3 years of owning a Mach1GTO, I've never had to touch the DEC gears.

same here, it would be surprising for a mount shipped from AP to need it. However, I have had to do this for Tak and AP mounts that I purchased used.

No need to be afraid of this, it's easy. You'll notice if the mesh is too loose - turning the counterweight shaft back & forth as described above is an easy way to test it. If it's too loose, just tighten by very slight amounts, keep turning the shaft a bit and you'll feel backlash being taken up.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics