CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

For all you E.E. Barnard fans

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bjmoose

bjmoose

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

I was checking a few things out at the Internet Archive site and thought I'd see if there was anything by the great Astrophotographer pioneer Edward Emerson Barnard, and really struck it rich!
There's a whack of articles by him. Haven't had a chance to read any yet, but I'm just about to start a month's holiday and hope to read a few....

Anyhow, thought I'd share with everyone here - enjoy...

http://archive.org/s...('E E Barnard')

#2 Michael2

Michael2

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Australia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for posting the site Ian. There are some very interesting articles to download.

Michael.

#3 xavier

xavier

Viking 1

• Loc: Belgium

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

Thank you, Ian, for sharing this very interesting links.
Xavier

#4 Matthew Ota

Matthew Ota

Hmmm

• -----
  • Loc: Covina, California

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

I wish I had known about this before. I give a 45 minute lecture on E.E. Barnard that is is life story. It gets better every time I do it. I am next scheduled to give this lecture at the Pomona Valley Astronomers club in September. My powerpoint file will get larger....thanks...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics