Photo

My DM6 arrived! (now I just need my tripod!)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mauikj

Mauikj

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Maui, Hawaii, USA

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Aloha Everyone,

Just got my new DM6 in the mail yesterday! It looks awesome, really beautifuly built. Unfortunately the Berlebach Planet tripod I ordered 3 weeks ago is still in transit (oddly the tray arrived a week ago but the tripod is still MIA and the tracking Berlebach uses does not work once the package hits the US and is transferred to the USPS). Hopefully it will arrive soon. It is torture to have this beautiful mount just waiting for action. Sadly, none of my other tripods have the right mounting for it. Thanks to everyone who helped me decide which to buy with their great feedback and photos, especially Tammy, Johnny, Doug, Mark, Sergio,....hey sounds like an Acadamy Award speech....but then again without a tripod and on the extender it is a bit like that statue....

I'll post a review once it has all arrived and is up and running.

KJ

#2 Doug D.

Doug D.

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Virginia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Good luck with it KJ - you are going to love it and I'm sure the Planet will be worth the wait!

Doug

#3 JMW

JMW

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Nevada

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hopefully you get it by the new moon. I have the DM6/Planet combo and it rocks for my TEC 140. I would love to have some of your southern skies.

#4 mountain monk

mountain monk

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Grand Teton National Park

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

+1

Dark skies.

Jack

#5 Mark9473

Mark9473

Cosmos

• Loc: 51°N 4°E

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Congratulations! Did you order the DM tripod extension or are you working on another solution?

#6 cw00

cw00

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Congratulations!
I just got my DM6 a few weeks ago for Tak FS-152 and it is indeed a beautiful piece of work. I use it with DM tripod extension on Losmandy LW tripod and it is silky smooth even when pointing straight up. I am sure the Berlebach planet will be even better.

#7 Mauikj

Mauikj

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Maui, Hawaii, USA

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Aloha Mark,

I did get the extension (which is really nicely made) and the eyepiece tray and sky commander. So I pretty much just need the tripod. I'll see if I can modify another tripod I have to test it out as I'm worried they put the Planet tripod on a boat and that can take forever. Like most people with new astro-gear I'm super impatient to try it out!

#8 SteveC

SteveC

Gemini

• Loc: Sunshine State & Ocean State

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Aloha Mark,

I did get the extension (which is really nicely made) and the eyepiece tray and sky commander. So I pretty much just need the tripod. I'll see if I can modify another tripod I have to test it out as I'm worried they put the Planet tripod on a boat and that can take forever. Like most people with new astro-gear I'm super impatient to try it out!

I can't tell you how many times I've had to adapt tripods to my mounts, from drilling larger bolt holes, sanding sections of threads off bolts, to cutting plastic cutting boards. I always dread matching mounts to tripods.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics