10 Micron QCI Mount Advice Purchas!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nezar H

Nezar H

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

I have a Planewave CDK24” (will arrive within four weeks hopefully), I have consider MEII @240LBS ! but many advice agents that , now I had increased the budget to 20 thousand U$. then ; 10Micron GM4000QCI Mount offered to me at good price (No Taxes), the last piece from the last production will ship directly from the manufacture (I Live in the Middle East)! I am already in Love with the 1oMount’s because of everything it has!! some (stand alone Operation , HC, Modern and smart software, Capacity and ++.

All comments’ are welcome, though, idea, why should Not!, Personally I wish to have it today than tomorrow , but not without your advice.
Note:-I have permanent Observatory; for now it will be used for public outreach programs and some Video AP work. at least for the next 3 coming years until I move to remote place (Sahara) . Then it will be dedicated for AP work only.
I have search the Web and Google the mount and most what I have found and read positive feedback, specially for the HPS Model . can someone please tell me go a head and place the order today :tonofbricks: . or maybe not and save my money for HPS Model or :question: ,Thanks.

#2 Per Frejvall

Per Frejvall

Ranger 4

• Loc: Saltsjöbaden, Sweden

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'd say you want a GM4000HPS, not QCI. Absolute encoders is the thing!

/per

#3 Nezar H

Nezar H

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

I'd say you want a GM4000HPS, not QCI. Absolute encoders is the thing!

/per

Thank you Per , but what if I don't wish to use the benefit of the HPS ! Like I will not use the mount as remote observatory !? I don't not mind to use autogiuder(although I wish to have nice image like yours unguided) don't mind unperfect polar alignment , what do you think about the performance rating for QCI model? I don't mind tracking accuracy +/-0.5 vs.+/-1.0 for QCI maybe it's beeter not to guide and spend the time with the family and enjoy the result but for me unguided imaging not a direct goal , yet it's a nice dream to have , do you think it's wisdom to let the mount go if I can have it for Fifteen thousand Euro !Basic .
Can I get better result with your softwear? what I will miss with QCI other than pointing\tracking accuracy because of the Absolute Encoders .. thank you .

#4 Per Frejvall

Per Frejvall

Ranger 4

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

If you really do not feel the need for encoders then QCI may be quite OK. It does have almost identical mechanical features. I haven't tried one myself so I really cannot comment beyond that...

€15k... The list price is €19600 including VAT, which means €16470 excluding VAT. Are you getting tons of accessories (like counterweights) for that price?

/per

#5 Nezar H

Nezar H

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Yes with tons of accessories !
Thank you .

I was looking for more feedback from the friends on CN , anything to help me to easily decied .. Please ?! still have hope to find someone to help and let me know more about 10Micron QCI version !
On the bad casses I will go a head , place the order and will just hope everything will run fine. and will give my feedback + unboxing as soon as it arrive unless someone speak and advice not to buy it for Any good reason.

Nezar, Emirates Mobile Observatory.

#6 Hilmi

Hilmi

Soyuz

• Loc: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

Nezar

I know this is off topic but can I meet you in the UAE and see that mobile observatory?

#7 Nezar H

Nezar H

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Sure , you are my guest, anytime. You can drive it if you would like.

#8 EFT

EFT

Vendor - Deep Space Products

• Vendors
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

That thing is one sweat ride. Definitely the coolest mobile observatory and outreach vehicle I have ever seen. I would love to have one of those myself.

#9 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Transmographied

• Administrators
  • Loc: Mandeville, LA USA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

10 Micron makes a quality mount. I don't see how you'd have anything but great service from it. And if you don't post pictures as soon as you get it set up, I'll never forgive you. :lol:

David

#10 Nezar H

Nezar H

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Thank you all !

I will place the order for the mount Tomorrow, Hopefully , will let you know as soon as it arrive and will share unboxing GM4000QCI.

#11 Per Frejvall

Per Frejvall

Ranger 4

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Woah! Unboxing with a fork-lift! That'll be something ;)

/per

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics