• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ones

ones

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: IL

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

After I turn on the scope the autostar says "PRESS PRESS". Took it apart looking at the key switches. Any ideas?

#2 ClearSkies.eu

ClearSkies.eu

Vendor (Clear Skies)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: the Netherlands

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Kev,

The controller's software controls the display, so a software glitch is more likely than a hardware issue... unless a hardware issue is causing interference somewhere.

If you can get past the PRESS PRESS message and into the menus, try a reset. If you can't, try starting up in safe mode by holding the Enter and scroll down button (not to be confused with the slew down button) while starting up. Then attempt a reset.

Good luck,

Victor

#3 ones

ones

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: IL

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Victor, I did and it gave me:
FLASH LOAD 3.0
READY
Could not get past this stage.

#4 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Viking 1

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

Gday Kev

What you are seeing is the scope going into its handbox key test routine. The screen should really show "Press" "Enter", but due to a bug it repeats Press Press for each key.
That said, the way this gets triggered is via hardware, and requires that the rs232 Tx and Rx lines are connected by a loopback plug when the scope is booted up, ie they are shorted to each other.
In your case, ( if nothing is pluggged into the rs232 socket at boot ), it sounds like the Tx and Rx lines may be shorting inside the Hbx socket. Have a look inside the socket for crossed pins or something shorting out. Also, if you have an rs232 plug, maybe try inserting and removing that a few times ( unpowered ) to see if it resets the springloaded pins in the socket.

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

#5 ClearSkies.eu

ClearSkies.eu

Vendor (Clear Skies)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: the Netherlands

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

What luck Kev?

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics