•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

C11 on an Atlas???

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 EFT

EFT

Vendor - Deep Space Products

• Vendors
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

Taking the advice from everyone, I think that I will go with an atlas and a shorter focal length scope with my dslr, then move onto a CDC and bigger scope latter.

The two that I've been looking at are the at6rc and the at65edq. I chose these two because they seem to be very good based on the reviews and they are cheap enough so that I won't have to sell my 12"

Thanks

Go with the AT65EDQ in that case. The AT6RC while lighter is still a difficult scope at f/9 and some people really struggle with it, particularly if there is a collimation issue. I think that the EDQ also has a better focuser.

#27 orlyandico

orlyandico

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Singapore

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

An imaging newtonian like the AT6IN would be faster and cheaper than the AT65EDQ, at the expense of needing a coma corrector and having fiddly collimation. A short fast APO is really the best first choice.

However.. I find myself wanting a longer-focal length instrument that isn't too slow (i.e. an SCT or RC is out) and the imaging newtonians give you that.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics