CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Gibraltar head on Berlebach Uni tripod

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ebbisham

Ebbisham

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Surrey, Uk

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

I was lucky to pick up a mint Gibraltar mount with DSC for a good price. I was toying with the idea to get a new AOK Ayo Mark II with DCS as i quite like the older Ayo mount i have (non DSC), but the Gibraltar came to a third of the cost so i was willing to give it a go despite the mixed reports from peopel using it with their TV102's.

As i need to fold my tripods away after each session i am not to keen on the tray that holds the Gibraltar tripod together. Fortunately i have a Berlebach Uni 28 tripod with leg spreader that allows me to fold away the tripod in 2 seconds.
Now the Uni tripod has a GP head and it seesm it is possible to remove the 3/82 screw from the Gibraltar head.

Would it work if i get the Berlebach GP to 3/8" adapter (http://www.berlebach...sprache=english) and put the Gibraltar head on my Uni tripod.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics