• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dee

Dee

Viking 1

• Loc: Ireland

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

My little video with BIG wishes on the Star Epsilon Eridani

We're wishing on the Star Epsilon Eridani in the Constellation Eridanus. Our video will be sent into space to Epsilon Eridani in a radio wave from Blackrock Castle Observatory in Co Cork Ireland at the end of 2013 and arrive at the star in 2023

Concept , Direction and Design Deirdre Kelleghan with some of the boys from St Cronans Stargazers Bray Co Wicklow Ireland. My idea was to make a video that was both educational and full of hope for Ireland and the world as I think we all need a bit of hope these days.

The boys that speak in the video are members of my children's astronomy club (St Cronans Stargazers) here in Bray Co Wicklow. We made this video together at their school on the night of March 20th 2013 and now it is finally ready.
I am totally indebted to the children who took part, the parents who gave their time and enthusiasm and to St Cronans National School who fully embraced the project. Ciaran Mulligan (Sound Engineer) and Paul Ward (Film Camera) gave their time and professionalism free to help me make this happen. Huge thanks to everyone involved. Thanks to the school choir for the music.
Including Leigh Harline and Ned Washington for their beautiful song "When You Wish Upon A Star" I have loved it all my life. Deirdre

Message to Space is now International

Send your own message to Space here

#2 Tommy5

Tommy5

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Chicagoland

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

great idea, this star is similar to the sun and may harbor intelligent life.

#3 dpwoos

dpwoos

Surveyor 1

• Loc: United States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

Thanks for posting this. Very cool. I believe that these and all children are growing up into a good world, and a better world than what has been. My wish is that this is true.

#4 Dee

Dee

Viking 1

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Thanks Tommy and dpwoos.
I encouraged the children to say the words well so that in ten years time when they are 20 and 21 they will be still be proud of themselves. I think they did a great job , we had a very short time to shoot the video.

A TV station here is going to interview us in September about our efforts , the boys are really excited about that.

Thank you for your wish dp
I made the video for the people living on this Earth so that maybe they will listen and understand how precious everyone 's life is to all our futures.

We have a planet fine-tuned for us, the human species, and for all the living things with whom we share this home.

We have a duty of care for this planet; we have a duty of care to educate our children to their address and to the uniqueness of that address.

We owe ourselves and future generations living on the Earth a platform of stability to grow up , be educated , and be all they can be. Every single little child on the planet today and in the decades to come needs this gift.

Deirdre

#5 Dee

Dee

Viking 1

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

OK so this morning top Irish channel TV 3 interviewed myself and some my young astronomers live on Ireland AM .

http://www.tv3.ie/3p...11/1/Ireland-AM

Deirdre

#6 Dee

Dee

Viking 1

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

Or you might need this link as its on the main page now
http://www.tv3.ie/ir....74&video=68711

Deirdre

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics